Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I AM A SPOILED B****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
My mom is about to buy my 17yo sister a 5,000 dollar car.
I've never owned a car that nice. All mine have been bought for 1500 or less.
My moms never bought me a car.
Ever.
And now,my sister who's a junior in HS will have a nicer car than me. I worked. I got a job at 14 and bought my OWN car... I let my grades slip because my mom needed me to work.
I'm just so jealous I could cry.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emsmom627
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM

that sucks.  don't let it eat away at you though.  maybe she is in a better financial spot then she was when you were younger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Yeah, but not because she earned it. She's getting a lump sum from her ex husbands disability.

Quoting emsmom627:

that sucks.  don't let it eat away at you though.  maybe she is in a better financial spot then she was when you were younger.

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM
5 moms liked this

Why are you jealous? 

You are jealous because mommy is basically doing everything for her and not parenting her the right wajy? 

You are jealous because your sister will end up becoming a spoiled little brat who thinks that all she has to do is say ' i want ..' and she will get ? When really..the real world doesnt work that way.

You are jealous because you are mature enough and good enough to work for what you want...? 

I am going to assume that you are a mom , since you are on Cafemom... , so instead of looking at everything your sister is getting and you are not ...why not look at the things you already have ? And look at what your mother is doing to your sister...not 'for' your sister..

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Quoting emsmom627:

This is what I was thinking. Hugs OP

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Im sorry i dealt with similar. I had to he an adult didn't get much of the social part of hs because my parents needed me to drive my dad everywhere i wasn't able to hangout with friends my younger brother got to do everything he wanted had nice cars bought for him and so on it is a horrible feeling. I cant change the past but i can make sure i never do that to my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I'm sorry. Try not to be envious of it, that will only make you feel worse. Instead, you worked for yours and you're going to work twice as hard to have a nice car. She'll probably crash it in a week anyway. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM
It is just so shitty to watch. You're right though.

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Why are you jealous? 

You are jealous because mommy is basically doing everything for her and not parenting her the right wajy? 

You are jealous because your sister will end up becoming a spoiled little brat who thinks that all she has to do is say ' i want ..' and she will get ? When really..the real world doesnt work that way.

You are jealous because you are mature enough and good enough to work for what you want...? 

I am going to assume that you are a mom , since you are on Cafemom... , so instead of looking at everything your sister is getting and you are not ...why not look at the things you already have ? And look at what your mother is doing to your sister...not 'for' your sister..

EvilAsh
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM

What does a kid in Jr high need a car for? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM
The girl drives like shit. She's already had a minor accident in my moms car.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry. Try not to be envious of it, that will only make you feel worse. Instead, you worked for yours and you're going to work twice as hard to have a nice car. She'll probably crash it in a week anyway. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM
She's a junior in HS lol but she needs it for college in a year I guess..

Quoting EvilAsh:

What does a kid in Jr high need a car for? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN