Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is going to for the best.

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hubby and I have had att for a couple of years. We got it when I was working and able to help pay for the bill. Im a sahm now and have been since I was 21 weeks pregnant with my son (preterm labor and bed rest made me have to quit my job) who is now 19 months. The bill is $250/month for two phones and internet. We are downgrading. Getting rid of the "smart" phones and getting a landline with internet and cable. We haven't had cable for almost a year. This cell phone has become such an addiction for me. Im constantly checking cm and fb. I have caught myself ignoring my children at times because im too busy on my damn phone. Smh. Im really happy about this. We will have the internet so we will still have access to the internet but i wont be able to sit on my ass and play on my phone all day. That's an exaggeration, but that's how i feel. This may seem small to most but this is going to be huge for me. Im going to be a better mother and spend more time with my kiddos.

The best part is how much we are saving. Its going to be $99/month for the first year then $144/month after. That plus the Straight Talk phone hubby is getting so we have a mobile phone for road trips is still cheaper than what we were paying.

I haven't had a land line phone in years!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nbgg8687
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
When my husband gets back I am down grading phones as well. mainly bc my son has called 911 from my smart phone... three times in the last month! I have it now bc of fb messenger so I can talk to the hubby while he's deployed. but, there is this little part of me excited to be getting rid of this dang smart phone!! I want it simple... ish... again lol.
SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
That's how I feel! This damn phone has become too much financially and mentally. Its turned me into a lazy parent.

Quoting nbgg8687:

When my husband gets back I am down grading phones as well. mainly bc my son has called 911 from my smart phone... three times in the last month! I have it now bc of fb messenger so I can talk to the hubby while he's deployed. but, there is this little part of me excited to be getting rid of this dang smart phone!! I want it simple... ish... again lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nbgg8687
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Quoting SuperMom2433:

honestly... when my husband and I first met I had a regular ol phone. I was much happier then lol. seriously! I was always out and about doing things. So yeah, I get where u are coming from.
SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Oh yeah! Its gotten so bad that at red lights im checking fb and cm. .lol. Now that summer is approaching im glad that im getting rid of it.

Quoting nbgg8687:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

honestly... when my husband and I first met I had a regular ol phone. I was much happier then lol. seriously! I was always out and about doing things. So yeah, I get where u are coming from.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I never got a smart phone, I really never saw the need for them.  My husband has one because he is away from home all of the time, but I don't need it.

SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I wish I would have never gotten it.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I never got a smart phone, I really never saw the need for them.  My husband has one because he is away from home all of the time, but I don't need it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jade_Lufercus
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I don't know if I could do it. But we have our ATT phones though my husband's awesome parents. So we have to pay $90 for two smart phones and unlimited everything. We also have U-verse and internet through ATT, which is $119 a month for the second highest internet speed and the U300 package. So about $210 for everything.

Which is great because before we were paying $180 for our phones, then $88 for internet, then $80 for TV, all through different people. So $348 before. And the internet wasn't as fast, even though it was rated at a higher speed. And we now have twice as many channels as we did before. So yay. :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN