Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Why dont more mothers use this? Seriously, my kids 2 weeks shy.of 8months, and hes already saying full words, knows what everything does, recognizes whose papa, mama (even 'mom'!!!), and dada. And he lovessss it!!!!!!
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
mamide02ninas
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM
3 moms liked this

wow i dont undesrtand why some moms just arent that lazy either! maybe we actually love our babies but man i now we are so wrong and barely anyone understand why we dont just let them watch 2 hours of tv!

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC AND YOUR A STUPID PERSON AN OBVIOUSLY A FRIGGIN LIAR! JUST STOP AND LEAVE US LOVING SMART MOMS ALONE.

momofamamasboy
by Andy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd be bragging about that too! That's aaaaaaaa-mazing!

Quoting SJG1013:

My 18 month old watches it on t.v as well. She starts college this September and will be driving herself. I am so proud of her!
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting nnjohnson:

"But brain development. Its proven classical music and vibrant colors speed up brain development"

No, not really. Even the researchers that originally found a positive impact of Mozart in babies say they're findings were taken out if context

But read this study and learn how you're actually hindering your child's intellectual development:

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2007/0817/20070817_071817_Zimmermanetal__Associations_JPed07.pdf

For every hour your baby is in front of the TV, he understand 6-8 words less than his peers. Which means your child is getting 12-16 words behind- EACH DAY.
wymama610
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM

This is a joke, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM

because they are boring.

bear.katten
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Lol I love how you are being ripped apart in this post for your stupidity :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

OMG your child is only 8 months old and doing all that. My son at 4 months was reading at a 5th grade level..........You should be ashamed that your child is so far behind.

Asenath
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Seriously??? You all have to act like this just because she is proud of her child? We all have moments of pride and may want to share it with other moms, or give them ideas of what has helped them! My son loved baby einstien when he was a baby, and yes I do believe it helped. The music, the colors, the simplicity of it helped prepare his brain, now he soaks up everything. He knew his letters (and sounds), numbers by 2. He knew his colors, shapes, right and left by 1. He also potty trained at 18 mths, and that was me pushing it further. He was crawling at 5mths, and walking at 9. He could also say mom me, by 4. That does not mean it was perfect but it was pretty understandable. Even friends heard it and would laugh.  My son just turned 3 and has been writing for almost a year, very clearly too. We are working on his reading, he has almost 10 sight words now. 

Just because you have not seen this, does not mean it has not happened. There are many people out there who were very smart as kids. Or do you think the really smart men and women out there just woke up one morning and they were smarter?  So BACK OFF!!!!!

nnjohnson- I think it is great! You should try Leap Frog next, their videos are awesome. You can also try Little Einstein. The creators of baby einstein sold, or joined, Disney Jr. Do not let everyone else bias' and judgements get to you, you know what is best for your child!

nnjohnson
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. The ignorance and hate you people have are rediculous. No my kids not potty trained but enough so.he can say potty. As well as momma and dada and papa.

I didnt ask for your damn parenting advice. my kids wonderfully.intelligent and if i wanna sit him in his piano bouncy and let him watch baby einstein for 2 hours, im going to do it. My pediatrician thinks his development is amazing, and her word is far more important than yours.
jen2150
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM

We love baby Einstein.  I used with my children and they are very intelligent and have an awesome attention span.  They are not smart because they watched it but it did help them when they got bored and needed some extra stimulation.  We also would sit and watch it together.  Just like we do now when we watch mythbusters together.  The music is very good for children.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)