Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

1 year ago today.... :( *will probably make you cry*

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 291 Replies
15 moms liked this
After spending most of the night in labor and delivery just to be told the bleeding and contractions were because of gallstones, I gave birth to my second child at home.

I had been released from the hospital at 12:30am on April 24,2012 with a pill to help me sleep and an appointment with my OB and a surgeon in the morning. I woke up at 5am with a feeling something wasn't right. It soon became apparent, the baby was coming, NOW! My dh called 911 but our son Wyatt Robert was born at 5:22am before the ambulance arrived. He made a little cry, moved a little and then was gone.
The rest of the day was a blur. I remember the doctor who discharged me the night before having to be removed from my room because she tried to blame me for her not transferring me. Also remember my husband having to be restrained when the doctor tried to blame me.

My son was born at was estimated to be 23 weeks, and my doctor tried to tell me it would not have been a viable pregnancy. Pathology came back on Wyatt and he was actually 24.5 weeks and would have been considered viable.
Today, I remember my little boy and what could have been ...

*update*
Thank you everyone for your support today. I did not expect the kind of response I have received. Yes, today was hard but we made it through. My husband and I decided months ago that this day would not be a day that just pasted by. After all, it is our son's birthday. We had a family day, and just got out of the house and enjoyed our family. It was great.

To answer some questions, the doctor who sent me home was fired and is no longer able to practice medicine.
We have spoken to a lawyer. We found out the reason I went in to labor was because my son had run out of room due to a tumor that the doctors admitted they knew about with my first pregnancy. I had surgery in August to remove 2 tumors and I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with my 3rd.
Again thank you all for your support. But remember, I am not the only one who has lost a child. There are thousands of mom's who are mothers without their children so please, say an extra prayer for them while they also work through this horrible grief.
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommacat715
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM
8 moms liked this
Omg, i'm so sorry. It breaks my heart to hear such things still happen in this day & age. Be strong. *hugs*
Nee86
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM

BUMP!

busymoonmommy
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Wow. So sorry. Hugs!!

DEJavu17
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM
18 moms liked this

I hope you have a good lawyer, and I really hope you are proceeding with a lawsuit against that doctor.

So sorry for your loss mama.. :(

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Oh honey.  I am so, so sorry.

Sweet baby.  :( 

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM
3 moms liked this

so sorry mama. 

id report that stupid dr. what a loser.

Rainray2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM
So very sorry for your loss. :0(
poietes
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this
So sorry for your loss.
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I am very sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:35 PM

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)