Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

advice please? my boyfriends ex wants him back,...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
And he's considering it. =[ they broke up about a month before we started dating, he was with her for a year. When they broke up she moved back to her home state cross the country. He and i have been together for three months, and due to other things, my two year old and i are living with him while i wait for housing.

All was going perfectly with us until she started trying to get him back. We have talked about it, and i told him i will accept whatever choice he makes, but i do not think it is a good idea. From what i have heard from him, his family, and his friends, she was awful. They fought all the time, a couple times she started getting physical. Even when they are on the phone he always ends up mad and raises his voice. We are not like that at all. He says he feels she deserves a second chance because she's keeping her job.,and she's back on her meds. But even as he says this he seems unhappy.

I have pointed everything out to him, so to make sure he is thinking this through. The other night he came home and said he thinks he is going to give her the chance. He again, seemed sad and unhappy. We talked about it more, and i told him i think he needs to give it more than a couple days to think about this because it is a very big decision. He left for his second job, and when he got home in the morning he crawled in bed and kissed me and cuddled like he normally does but had not done in a couple days.

Since then, that was two days ago, he has decided to give it more though, and has been acting a bit more like his happy lovey self. I don't know if that means he is seeing how happy he has been with me, or what.

Now my problem is, if he does give her a second chance, she will be moving back in here. I will have to leave. My two year old and i will be homeless. I know if i go to the welfare office they can help me, either place us in a shelter, or a hotel. I feel this will be hard for my two year old, but there's still another three or four months before i can get that apartment.

I don't know if i should just go ahead and do that now, just to be sure, or if i should wait until he makes his choice, because if he does chose to stay with me then obviously living here would be better for my two year old. But if he doesn't chose me, i will have to go get placed anyways.

Any advice? What would you do?

I am mobile, so sorry if theres any typos or anything. I tried to break it up the best i could.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM
15 moms liked this

I didn't even read the post - the first sentence was enough. If he's considering it, dump him now and never look back.

ToolArmy066
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting nerdymom28:

I didn't even read the post - the first sentence was enough. If he's considering it, dump him now and never look back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I did think about that, but before she came along everything was going so well. So i don't know. =\

Quoting nerdymom28:

areles
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
4 moms liked this
dude, you fucked up. dating a guy fresh off a relationship, moving in within three months...

no advice. it's out of your hands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you were a rebound :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
This!

If he is thinking of going back, I wouldn't want to even be with him to begin with.

Quoting nerdymom28:

areles
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
3 moms liked this
oh, wait. yes, i have advice. move the fuck out and stand on your own two feet, regardless of what choice he makes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM
4 moms liked this

i would stop living off some man that doesnt love you.     support yourself already.  until you do that - no one could respect you.   its mooching and men think if you cant support yourself then you are clearly just using them.    which you are.  that is your biggest issue is  not that you love him and that you are hurt that he would even consider it.   that you will have to move out and support yourself.  terribly lame if you ask me.   you make your own bed to lie in - you need to do better.  

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
You have been with him for 3 months and you have already moved your child in with him. I have no advice other then leave and take care of yourself because chances are you are a rebound and how will go back to her.
KGreen75
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM
3 moms liked this

Sounds like you were the rebound girl.  Rebound relationships hardly ever last, there is nothing you can do and honestly, why would you be with someone who wasn't 100% sure they wanted you?  If he is thinking about taking her back, be the stronger one and just break things off with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)