Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how many hours does your 3 yr old spend

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 28 Replies

watching tv?

I was just thinking this because normally we are gone several days a week to the library, playdate, and tumbling. but baby is running a fever and has a sore throat and cough so we've been staying home so she doesn't give it to her friends. so normally she only gets about an hour or so a day to watch what she wants too. cause we have one tv and 5 people. 

so she has been watching tv basically from 8am minus when we played bubbles and she was drawing. and when she was eating breakfast and lunch. She is switching between disneyjr and nickjr. 

Kasi Lynn, Calvin David, & Lilith Jade's Mommy
The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A_McCool
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Usually, she watches about an hour or so.  Today, everyone here is sick, and the girls (6 and 3) have been watching TV all day.  Right now, they are sitting on the couch drinking cinnamon tea watching Tinkerbell.

MorganTho
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My 2.5 yo watches like 3-4 hours, but plays during too its like background noise sometimes too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikandwheezy
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM

its on disney junior or nick jr whenever were not outside. she barely watches it. in the morning nap time and right before bed she will lay down and watch it. i think she just likes listening to it in the background while we do our daily activities. every so often she will stop and watch it for a couple of minutes but then she goes back to doing what we were doing before. 

SterlingHeart
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM

my kids never watched tv exclusively -- the tv was and is on most the time in my house but they are playing or reading or doing homework --- they have learned to drown it out but ya know -- we typically have at least 2 TVs on at all times....  strange 

armyvet06
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM
We have the TV on almost all day but its normally just background noise. But DD will watch it if certain cartoons are on. Its normally about 3hrs combined.
Xat
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM

My son is 2.5 and he watches less than 30 mins a day. He will watch for a few minutes and then goes to do things that are more fun to him.

weaveress
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM

it's too cold to really play outside here. and she is like glued to the tv. i'm wondering if she's going to rub it in her siblings faces who are at school. 

Quoting mikandwheezy:

its on disney junior or nick jr whenever were not outside. she barely watches it. in the morning nap time and right before bed she will lay down and watch it. i think she just likes listening to it in the background while we do our daily activities. every so often she will stop and watch it for a couple of minutes but then she goes back to doing what we were doing before. 

Kasi Lynn, Calvin David, & Lilith Jade's Mommy
The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

hfs1998
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM

On days like today with me being sick and her siblings sick, my nearly 3 yr old has watched waaayyyy too much tv.  But I'm not going to sweat it because it isn't every day like this.  I figure this is what tv is for, I would have no idea how tough it would be to be vomiting like I am every hour or so AND pushing her on a swing or playing games together or whatever.  Yay tv!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM
My 3.5 year old will watch a show for maybe a total of 1-2 hours. She just decided she likes Dora, so as soon as she hears the music shes by the tv. She only watches educational dvds. Now that its getting nicer out, tv tine will probably be only 30 min-1 hr
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM

It's on all day but he only watches it in passing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN