Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How can you tell....

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 19 Replies
How can you tell if someone has kids based on what's in your grocery basket???

I have been on bedrest for pre-eclampsia fir a few weeks and at my dr appt yesterday he said I can resume light activities. Nothing crazy but very light everyday things. I was so excited to get out I went to the grocery store! Oh so exciting lol. Anyway we have most things but I did need some thingsto make dinner and done extra basics. So as I'm in the dairy isle this really sweet woman with 2 kids notices I'm very pregnant and tells me I look great. Very nice of her. Then I see her look on my cart and she says " oh this must be your first!" I said no I have a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old already. She looked confused, looked at my cart again and said " oh I'd never have guessed." She wished me well and we both went on our way. If I hadn't seen her look in to my cart like 3 times while asking about other kids I might think otherwise but it's just she thought that based on my groceries I must not have kids? Lol yeah I don't know. My kids eat what we eat. I just don't allow a lot of junk. I didn't glance in her cart to see what she was buying so I couldn't tell you what she would have expected me to be buying. She was super sweet just thought it was kind of funny. Here's my cart lol! Only thing I added after this was done fruit for smoothies, more yogurt and oatmeal.
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChloeDolce1
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Mobile Photo

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Maybe she expected you to have tons of junk food? You know cause kids won't eat "real" food lol.
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

She probably expected you to have all the shit food geared towards kids.  

My cart looks like yours.

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yogurt tubes are totally for kids! ;-)
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Be proud your kids eat like humans real food not junk:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itann
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
LOL!! So that's wt a no kid house grocery cart look like :D
Maybe she is a psychology student :B
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what my cart usually consists of. With the exception of some junk food every now and then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM

All the junk food I buy is for DH. My kids don't really eat junk. But DH has a major sweet tooth. He eats so much sugar he gives me a stomach ache. Yuck.

ChloeDolce1
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is a health freakkkkk. He was a gym rat when he was younger. He still works out 5-6 days a week and won't eat complex carbs. And I like to eat healthy too so it's no suprise we want that for our kids. Treats are allowed sometimes.... We aren't that crazy that its banned always. I just try to limit them. Ill make low sugar oatmeal cookies and fruit smoothies and applesauce They are happy with that. My poor sheltered kids must think cake and candy is only for parties and holidays lol. If we treat them to ice cream we take them out for it... We don't keep it in the house. Not saying its for everyone but it works for us.

Quoting Anonymous:

All the junk food I buy is for DH. My kids don't really eat junk. But DH has a major sweet tooth. He eats so much sugar he gives me a stomach ache. Yuck.

ChloeDolce1
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM
When I didn't have kids I didn't have to buy such a big bottle of laundry detergent lol.

Quoting itann:

LOL!! So that's wt a no kid house grocery cart look like :D

Maybe she is a psychology student :B

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)