Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BP of 126/89 at 35 weeks?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Just wondering, I went to the doctor today because my feet were turning redish/purple when I stand for about 10-15 mins. She said that was due to poor circulation. Well the nurse initially took my bp and when I asked her how it was she said it was on the border. The actual doctor never said anything about it though. Anyone know if it's good or bad?? The doctor told me to stay off my feet as much as possible but didn't say anything about working. Idk if I should call and ask but I don't wanna sound stupid or like I'm trying to get off work if the doctor didn't even mention the bp.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I dont think its crazy.. Mines usually 106/60, but one time they said it was 120/95, so it could be a misread or maybe thats your normal.
mrsherron
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Call and ask. It's not a stupid question it's one you need to know the answer to. Just tell them you want to clarify the dr's instructions and what the concerns are about your blood pressure and circulation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM
120 over 80 is normal so no its not too bad the doc didn't say anything because the farther along you are most likely its gonna be a little high.
VannaMae307
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

at 37 weeks I had to be induced because my bp was 169/115. If you are worried about it MENTION IT and do not let it get out of control, if I am not mistaken you could go into pre-eclampsia, I was not diagnosed with it because they didn't do a 24 hour protein urine analysis, my labor was 7 hours start to finish. My dh and my friend were in the delivery room with me and at one point my friend was legitimately worried for me because it would NOT go down, it either stayed or slowly got higher. She requested that I be physically monitored instead of the nurse leaving and monitoring just through the machine that they checked every so often.

In short: if you're worried it is NOT a stupid question to point it out, it's always better safe than sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)