Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for those who dont immunize. enrolling in kidergarten help***update*** does anyone know if this is true or not?***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
***update: so I talked to the school nurse and she told me that as of January the only way to get a waiver for immunizations is medical or religious reasons. Is this true I thought in California you could get philosophical(sp) personal reasons?***

Ok my daughter is almost up to date but I have decided not to vaccinate anymore. The school gave me a check list of things to bring in proof of:
*Immunization record
*physical
*dental exam
I have a waiver for the dental exam but the lady looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for the other two waivers. On one of the papers they gave me it says: if you dont want your child to have a health check up, you may sign the waiver form (pm 171 B) found at your childs school. Since the school doesn't have any waivers where can I get one? Oh and we live in California.
Our insurance is changing so she will get the check ups before school but spots are filling up fast and we want her to have the teacher she met with

I found the health check up waiver but haven't found the immunization waiver.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Bump
danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You're looking for an immunization exemption form?

chocolat-smiles
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Bump
ElitestJen
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You should be able to find the waivers online, perhaps through the health department website.

That's odd to opt out of a physical and dental exam, though. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Did you google it? I know in MI it is right on our states website
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would you opt out of giving your child any medical care? Seems odd to have kids if you don't care about keeping them healthy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Our insurance is changing so she will get them before school but spots are filling up fast and we want her to have the teacher she met with

Quoting ElitestJen:

You should be able to find the waivers online, perhaps through the health department website.

That's odd to opt out of a physical and dental exam, though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:01 PM
They are healthy and Its due to insurance changing

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would you opt out of giving your child any medical care? Seems odd to have kids if you don't care about keeping them healthy.

amamahamberg
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Thank you for this info. I'm in MI and have kindergarten round up next month. :)

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Did you google it? I know in MI it is right on our states website
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM
3 moms liked this
Immunizations do not equal "medical care".

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)