Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do You Ever Think About Your First Love?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM
  • 115 Replies

How old were you both when you got together? Were you planning on getting married? Why did you break up? Do you ever wish you could see him and see how he is doing? Do you ever wonder if he still remembers you? How long did it take for you to get over him?

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I married my first love. We met at 17, started dating after we were 18, got married at 20.
myusernamedied
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM
3 moms liked this

I was 13, he was 14, I believe. We dated for about 3 years. We joked about marriage, but knew we were young. We broke up over something petty and we both ended on good terms. We talk occasionally, although I rarely see him. He actually messaged me the other day to see how I was doing.
I never really did get over him.
And he somewhat still has a soft spot for me as well.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Well right now I'm wondering why he's being an ass and staying out later than usual despite having the afternoon off when he knows I'm dealing with two sick kids and about to put my head through the window.
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM

my husband and I still chat with him sometimes, bc of him my husband and I met :).  Its a very odd relationship or was. 

DixieL
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I was 17 and he was 20. We were planning on getting married. I always wanted to see if he still remembers me. He said that we were going to grow old together, and sit on the porch to watch our grandchildren play. I always thought that one day I would run into him and see if he still remembered me. I had to break up with him. It hurt like crazy and his friends told me that I hurt him. When he got another girl friend, they didn't get along, because he always compared her to me. Even though I've been married for almost thirty years, I will never forget Kris either.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We never dated. We were friends and had some "almost" moments all through our teen years. We are still friends now, both happily married with kids.

scoutfamilyof7
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, daily but that is because he is my hubby :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I do think about him, we are still Facebook friends. I was 17, he was 20 and from Australia. I went back and visited a couple of time for extended vacations (6 months and 3 months). We talked about marriage and the logistics, and then I went back once and I was like "yyeaahh, no. I am not moving to Australia, and all the things I found charming, I ended up really getting annoyed with (punk rock style kinda guy from the country and...yeah).

Dude, I am so glad I made the decision to end things. SO glad. He thinks about me, and says hi every once in awhile on the computer, his wife is due anytime with their first kiddo, and thankfully I am always offline on FB chat because he would always send really uncomfortable sex questions .... And just...yuck. A lot of yuck.

I got over him very quickly, from the time I made the decision to the time I got off the phone with him I was done with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

No. Three years together. We were young teens. Unfortunately he still remembers me and bugs me with friend requests on fb that I won't accept. It took zero time to get over him.

shannon-215
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 16,and he was 18 we dated awhile,and once i got pregnant it changed i was young yeah i know,my daughter is ten now he take care of her..we talk from time to time not really on speaking terms but other than that i care for him and marriage wasnt in our plans..i moved on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)