Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think theme birthday partys where they expect the kids to dress up are rude?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Also given the fact they only gave 2 weeks notice?
All the kids will be be dressed up but my kids dont have these type of costumes and I refuse to buy them something they will only wear one day! Idk I think its rude especially since it was a fb invite! I might just decline to go.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I have kids decorate their own costumes when they get there. Glitter, paint and little jewels everywhere but at least no one feels put out.
WhenInRome
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Mobile Photo

I had a dress up party for ds last month. It was a pirate party. I figured some kids wouldn't dress up so I bought a bunch of fake swords, eye patches and bandanas. It was really cute and the kids had a blast. I actually made ds costume because I was too cheap to buy one. Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM
It's cowgirl/cowboy and it may seem easy for some but the clothing they have just don't work.

Quoting emmypaige:

The only dress up style birthday party we've gone to is Halloween themed. Maybe if you share the theme people can help look something up on pinterest?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I think 2 weeks notice is plenty of time. Anyway just don't go. You're kids may feel awkward since they won't be dressed up like the other kids.
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM

They don't have jeans? Or a button up shirt? 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's cowgirl/cowboy and it may seem easy for some but the clothing they have just don't work.

Quoting emmypaige:

The only dress up style birthday party we've gone to is Halloween themed. Maybe if you share the theme people can help look something up on pinterest?

CafeMom Tickers
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Luckily ds has never been invited to one of those.  I'd be irritated because it just means more for me to do, but it isn't rude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Pretty much everything my daughter has is monster high. Its just what she likes and she hates jeans so no!

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting emmypaige:

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Interesting...than she shouldn't care if she is matching the party. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Pretty much everything my daughter has is monster high. Its just what she likes and she hates jeans so no!

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting emmypaige:

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Its just frustrating all the clothing she has that isn't mh is sweat pants or sweaters.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Interesting...than she shouldn't care if she is matching the party. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting emmypaige:

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Thrift store dear thrift store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN