Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think theme birthday partys where they expect the kids to dress up are rude?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Also given the fact they only gave 2 weeks notice?
All the kids will be be dressed up but my kids dont have these type of costumes and I refuse to buy them something they will only wear one day! Idk I think its rude especially since it was a fb invite! I might just decline to go.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Replies (31-33):
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I like costume parties although we haven't had one ourselves yet because Jess's birthday choices haven't been good for that (gymnastics party at the gym studio, stuff like that).  She went to a princess party last year that was awesome.  Some kids wore Disney costumes, some simply wore pretty dresses.  I think its fun so obviously I don't find them rude.

CatFishMom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM

The time frame is the big issue for me. I always give a month's notice for any celebration I throw, regardless of what it is. If I'd had enough time to put something together, I wouldnt have a problem with the costume part but on two weeks notice, if I cant come up with something easy, no, I wouldnt be sending them.

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I don't think it's rude but then again we would have zero problem buying something they would only wear once. You only wear a Halloween costume once but we still will buy one every year.....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN