Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Update* My husbands leg is going to fall off tell me this looks infected *pic*

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM
  • 132 Replies

Mobile Photo

He hit it on something last Friday at work and came home with a hole that was bleeding. He doesn't know how it got a hole he thought it was a scratch. Well yesterday it was still bleeding and I told him he should go to the doctor. Today it looks like this, the pain in my ass still says its fine and he will see the doctor Next monday if its not better. I swear I'm going to have to tie him up and get my friends husband to help me take him in!! If he would just let me make him an appointment it would cost $25 if her goes to urgent care it's $75 and the ER is $250. I'm going to beat the man!

Update
So apparently I'm not wrong! He went to the doctor this morning they are irrigating the wound and giving him an antibiotic shot and a prescription. Maybe next time he will listen to me before it gets that bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Bump
momma2dnm
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Right now it looks fine to me. I am a wound tech in a nursing home. I would clean it put some triple antibiotic on it and keep it covered.
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Get some neosporin (or store brand) on it and put a bandaid on it...then keep an eye on it

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I'm worried because the hole is actually bigger and you can't tell in the pic but his leg is swollen. Also the red spots around it have white like pimples.

Quoting momma2dnm:

Right now it looks fine to me. I am a wound tech in a nursing home. I would clean it put some triple antibiotic on it and keep it covered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM
It looks like it may be infected but not badly enough to go in.

Clean it up and keep and keep it covered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM
It doesn't look infected to me. We clean with peroxide and cover it with some antibiotic and that us about it.
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I do not think it is infected at this point. Antibiotic cream and keep clean.

raye-chan
by Raye on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
His leg does look a little swollen. Is he complaining of any pain from it? Does it ooze any pus?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM

peroxide the wound, use generous helpings of neosporin

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I've been putting antibiotic ointment on it. It just looks worse than the day he did it and was really swollen this afternoon.

Quoting kelly617:

Get some neosporin (or store brand) on it and put a bandaid on it...then keep an eye on it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)