Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pretending to be a Christian to get a job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
I really want to be a teacher however to work at a private school I have to be a Christian. I want to work at it because Its down the street and childcare is free. Would it be a bad white lie??
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Pretty sure god will strike you down for that one
lovinmama411
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I was trying to get a job at a preschool at a Christian church. They didn't even ask on the application and it didn't come up in the interview either. I was raised in church so I knew enough to educate the young kids and keep those Christian values intact. As long as you are following the rules and doing things according to their beliefs, go for it.

fairyjester
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Pretty sure god will strike you down for that one

being that she would only be pretending to be christian i don't think she cares.

"oh look they ate a baby,  how rude"---  Monroe

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM

ad long as you teach the kids christian values and know what you need to i would say go for it. besides it technically illegal to not hire you based on your religious preference

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM

It'd be dumb because you'd most likely have to sign some stupid morality clause that you can be fired for violating. But I can see why you would want the job.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Is it "right?"

.... No.

But if I desperately needed a job.. I'd probably do it. It's not going to hurt anyone.

jillbailey26
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would you want to do that?  You're not Christian, but you want to hang out with Christians and teach in a school that teaches Christianity?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

anotherhalf
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I think if they find out you lied you'd lose your job, not get a good recommendation for a new job, and not be able to explain your lack of work if you pretend you never had that job.  Oh what a tangle web we weave. . . 

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I must live in some sort of whackadoodle area. I was a teacher for a summer program at a church. My qualifications spoke for themselves and they didn't even make me wear long sleeves!

ElitestJen
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Why do you want to teach something you don't believe in? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN