Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Adoption Drama.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 129 Replies

I have a friend that I told her to seriously think about keeping the child before she was born. Every time she mentioned the pending adoption she would literally say I don't want to do it. When asked why "Well (insert jack ass of a boyfriend) said that if I don't then he will leave me. I can't take care of this baby on my own." If you tried to tell her different she wouldn't believe you. I told her one day that she needed to have a heart to heart with herself before the baby was born. She never did. After the baby was born the above jack ass left any ways for another girl. Which sent said friend into super depression mode. She was hated herself for giving up her child who she still loved with all her heart. I tried to be a good friend and be there for her. Well it is an open adoption and she thought she had a great relationship with the brith parents until this last weekend. This past weekend the birth parents pretty much told her that they want to close the adoption. Now this person is trying to find a way to get her daughter back. I don't know how she plans on it but it makes me fear for my friend. I want to be supportive of her because I know all this is killing her but now I don't really know how to be there for her in this situation. I have tried to comfort her. I have listened to her vent. I guess just continue on with that. I just wish there was a way to help her. Not get her daughter back but make sure she knows that I am here for her I guess. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jadsmummy
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM
If she is within the time period to change her mind and gets the proper support I hope it works out for her. She needs to get emotionally healthy and grow up.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
How long ago did she place her baby?
SamsMomSays
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Perhaps help her get counseling? How long ago did she make her adoption plan?
It is so sad when a mother makes an adoption plan because she is pressured by someone else. I'm sorry for your friend's suffering.
jen161
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM

She is a good person. She just needs a lot more belief in herself. You are right though she has a lot of growing up to do. The jerk of the ex was very emotionally abusive to her. Then when she ended up pregnant her parents turned on her.

Quoting jadsmummy:

If she is within the time period to change her mind and gets the proper support I hope it works out for her. She needs to get emotionally healthy and grow up.

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM
4 moms liked this

I feel bad for  your friend :( but I also would feel bad for the adoptive parents if the child was taken from them. They would lose a child then, too. It's just tragic all around. I hope she can maker better decisions for herself. and I'm glad that she has a good friend like  you <3 you sound really sweet and caring.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I think the baby is 3 months old.

Quoting LilysMama719:

How long ago did she place her baby?

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

It may be too late depending on the state she lives in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM
10 moms liked this
I'm sorry, but she chose a man over her child, it sounds like the child is better off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Why do they want to close it? Where does she live?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)