Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your spouse doesnt remember you...

Posted by   + Show Post
Lets say you are in your 60s/70s. Your spouse has dementia and does not remember you. Would you start dating again? Or stay faithful even though they do not know they are married to you.

I ask because
1.) SO's grandmother began dating (her husband died around...2006?2007?) a man last year. His wife is in a home and has dementia and doesnt remember him at all. He goes and visits her and then goes to SO's grandmothers house and stays there.

2.) On a contrast to that, a friend of mine works in a different home. Same situation, except the wife is 'dating'. She doesnt remember her husband, but remembers she has a boyfriend (who is also in the home lol). He says its heartbreaking because the husband leaves in tears everyday upset because she talks about her boyfriend.

So if it were you would you start dating again?
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Replies (81-82):
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM
stay faithful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaRae85
by *you're on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

All of this. Including the Grey's Anatomy bit. lol

Quoting Thelmama:

No, I would not. I promised to stick by him in sickness and health.  I love him and always will.

I saw the 2nd scenario on Grey's anatomy, LOL. Sorry that is what it made me think of. The lady doesn't know she is married to her dh, she can' t help it. I feel for his pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)