Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WORST BIRTHDAY EVER! LONG....ETA

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:13 PM
  • 36 Replies

It started like a normal day, not much going on. Took the kids to school, went to work, picked them up, did some errands and came home. Asked my fiance to frost my birthday cake for me and decorate it (he said he would so I nudged him). Well, it didn't get done! So I began to do my own cake and doesn't the vanilla layer just CRUMBLE? I threw it against the wall after that and then into the trash and finished decorating the chocolate layer. Ok fine, it's done. I started up the grill to hint at him he needs to start cooking because he said he was going to cook. He didn't do a damn thing. So I'm sitting here, cooking two steaks, four burgers and two lobster tails. Trying to cook both inside and out is hard enough...in the middle of cooking, work calls me and tells me they are switching me with a different person from a totally different company and I will be leaving the one I'm with in the morning (I'm in the Army. We are getting ready to deploy and because I am recovering from a hip injury they're pretty much saying 'screw you' and just replacing me instead...understandable but damn now I have to start ALL over with new people. UGH!). Oh so I'm cooking and damn near burnt all the grill food, seriously flipped it with like a minute to spare before it burnt. THEN the lobster didn't cook all the way so I had to turn the heat up all the way to hurry and finish it. I go to tell my man dinner is done and he says "I'm not going to eat" so I say "so you're not going to spend my birthday with me then, that's fine" and slammed the door. Got the kids and my mom their plates and got mine and ate with my hands....so mad I said screw the silverware. I stop eating about 1/3 of the way through, went into the bedroom and said to my man, "oh and since I'm getting shit off my chest, thank you for decorating my cake like you said you would. It came out so cute. And thank you for cooking me dinner, it's delicious! Oh yea, and thank you for telling me you loved me and Happy Birthday today LIKE YOU HAVEN'T F'N DONE YET which you know, doesn't hurt or anything" and slammed the door again and finished eating with everyone. When we were done my mom helped me clean up and the kids went to play outside before cake. I went to ask him if he was doing cake with us and he ignored me so I said "ok then I'll do cake with the kids" and left. We did cake, it was yummy. The kids then went to play again and as I go to walk by my couch doesn't the puppy PISS all over my SECTIONAL sofa?! He literally woke up, pissed and then walked to the other side and pissed the whole way there! BRAND NEW COUCH! (ok well Christmas to myself but still) I told him the puppy peed on the couch and he needed to help me clean it up (as he wanted the dog). He comes out there, sticks the puppy's nose in the pee (which is how we train) and put him outside and walked away. UMMM...HELLO???? How about some help? And of course I asked him if he was going to help and he ignored me. So my mom and I are cleaning up this HUGE puddle off my couch, stripping the covers from the cushions and tossing them in the washer. The cushions are standing and drying right now as well, there's no good way to wash a cushion....on top of all of this I am sick as can be. I can barely talk and I swear when I yell it's even more quieter than when I talk. This birthday seriously became the worse one I've ever had.

OH, and he STILL hasn't said happy birthday, is still in the bedroom and the night still isn't over....happy birthday to me!

****Update: that night he apologized for everything. The next morning he texted asking if we were going to work it out or if we were over. It was a long talk. I told him sh*t needed to change and I didn't accept his apology. And I won't bc it was so messed up! He apologized again a few times yesterday and last night. If you recall in a reply I said he recently quit drinking and smoking cold turkey. I told him to smoke and guess what? He was back to the man I fell in love with yesterday! He was amazing with the kids and apologized to them for yelling and being mean and he helped me put the couch back together. He also apologized for not helping me clean it all up. For dinner he had his leftover plate that I made that he didn't eat on my bday (it was steak and lobster) and he devoured it and said it was the best steak he's eer had. I'm pretty sure he wasn't kissing a$$ either because I've never seen him eat a steak or lobster so fast in my life! So for now, things are better between him and I and we both agree we all have a lot to work on if we want to make this work. So here's kind of a fresh start for us and fx we can make it.
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tryin44
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. What a chode sucker he is!! Im sorry gorgeous, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ill take some cake!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Happy Birthday! I'm sorry it was crappy. I definitely wouldn't be talking to dh for awhile and for his Birthday I would return the favor :-p
evolove
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Problem is I went all out on his bday last year. We didn't cuddle last night at all and this morning he's telling me he doesn't think he wants to be with me anymore. Yay me! Icing on that cake!

Quoting Anonymous:

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry it was crappy. I definitely wouldn't be talking to dh for awhile and for his Birthday I would return the favor :-p
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Awww I'm sorry! But Happy Birthday to you from a stranger! 

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Divorce him, he's a pos. If you need to talk, feel free to write me.
evolove
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Not married to him :) was just engaged and thank you all for the bday wishes :)

Quoting Toonkasmommy:

Divorce him, he's a pos. If you need to talk, feel free to write me.
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM
From that he sounds lazy and not worth being with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evolove
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Yea I'm at a loss idk if he's just having a bad week or what but its nuts.

Quoting MommyAddie:

From that he sounds lazy and not worth being with.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Is this typical behavior for him? If not, maybe the two of you can have a sit-down and see what the problem is.

evolove
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM
He's a quiet antisocial like me but lately he's been angry and when I ask he says he doesn't know. I know my kids are stressful, both extremely hyperactive and loud and yea and I'm the first girl he's been with that has kids so its still new. Idk now it sounds like I'm making excuses for him ugh

Quoting B1Bomber:

Is this typical behavior for him? If not, maybe the two of you can have a sit-down and see what the problem is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)