Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"She has to learn some modesty!"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies

This is what my mother tells me last night after my niece's bath. We were babysitting, and had to give her a bath. She has a diaper rash right now so I was letting her run for a little without a diaper.
She is two years old. It was her, my aunt, my husband, and I in the living room when she started dancing naked.She went crazy. I told her that she is little, and there is nothing wrong with what she is doing. My Grandmother then says, "she has to learn some modesty. It is inappropriate for a man to change her diaper much less see her without one." 
She is ok most of the time, but she has a weird view on nudity and sex. So should a two year old not be running around naked in a secure home, or is it completely appropriate?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Um, my seven year old still sometimes runs around naked
DestinyRoseLC
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm the same way. I agree with her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

oh god dont let your mom in my house then. my husband and my kids are all naked whenever they are home i kid oyu not as soon as our doos clothes my boys are bare bottoms. lol not me though as soon as my oldest hit two i wasnt allowed to be naked aanymore lol

sthflachk
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Omg....my dd is the same way...3.5.....she's fine. At home, surrounded by family....your Grandma is from another time....don't worry about her.
Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I hate that attitude about nudity, especially involving toddlers.

Too uptight for me...

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Oi perfectly fine. If it was just company...like work friends I would put her in a diaper but family and close friends? Perfectly fine.
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I wasn't much of one for letting my kids run around nude.  for a few minutes after bathing?  sure.  but literally, that's all.  I also insisted they have on more than just a diaper - the minimum they had on was a onesie.  I'm a bit old-fashioned when it comes to my girls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Two is old for diaper.
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM

My 18 month old does that every night (runs around naked) after her bath.  We literally call it her "naked stroll".  My parents and in laws love it!

jojo_star
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM

There is nothing wrong with that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)