Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Weird Mormons.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
No offense to Mormons but this Mormon family in my neighborhood is uber weird. Like creepy.

They are 22 and 23 years old and just adopted a 10 year old girl. I didn't think it was possible but apparently their church is very tied up in the local court systems and they got a few strings pulled.

She wouldn't go in to anymore detail than that. It was strange lol.

They creep me out to be honest. They're hipsters and they're always outside doing these weird photography shoots. I feel like I've stepped in to Pinterest every time i go over their house for a party or get together. And everything they do and say seems so "right". Like they've rehearsed these lines before.

They're nice but I would love to be a fly on their wall lol
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jubileee
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe in.witness protection or.undercover

Damn I watch too many.movies lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM
They have their own adoption system and most Mormons adopt through that well at least in Utah they did and get it finalized legally. Trust me the interview process is so embarrasing as it gets into sexuality etc. I believe you have to be Temple worthy as well. I was a Foster Mom through the state even though I was Mormon (I was single at the time)
tardistraveller
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

you sound very judgemental, what is wrong with adopting a 10yr old?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

What is 'weird' about adopting a 10-year-old child? Everyone on here is always yelling, "Quit adopting babies!!! Adopt the older children!!" Then--when someone DOES adopt an older child, ppl on here are still complaining!!! WHY do you think she owes you or anyone else any explanation about their child's adoption?? For all you know, maybe she was being sexually abused and she was taken away from the abuse and allowed to be legally adopted!! And yes--the Mormon Church happens to have the LDS Social Services. This program helps unite babies/children with adoptive parents. I know this, b/c I have a friend who got pregnant and the sperm donor didn't want any part of her or the baby!! My friend couldn't take care of a baby at the time, so she called LDS Social Services. She got to choose the couple she wanted to have raise her baby. The couple she chose, were infertile and had been on a waiting list to adopt for 7 years! They even put the age that they were willing to adopt as newborn thru 10-years-old!!! When you say 'everything they do and say seems so 'right" you probably mean they don't curse or say off-color jokes etc! I promise you!! They are not 'rehearsed.' Mormons live by much different and usually higher standards than non-Mormons. How do I know about all of this? Because I am also a Mormon and PROUD of it!!!

MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Maaaagic underwear!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Where did I say there was anything wrong with it? O_o I said I didn't know it was possible for someone so young to do so.

Quoting tardistraveller:

you sound very judgemental, what is wrong with adopting a 10yr old?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Interesting! I did not know that :)

Quoting Anonymous:

They have their own adoption system and most Mormons adopt through that well at least in Utah they did and get it finalized legally. Trust me the interview process is so embarrasing as it gets into sexuality etc. I believe you have to be Temple worthy as well. I was a Foster Mom through the state even though I was Mormon (I was single at the time)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Mormons make me hot.

Well, the guys, I mean.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I didn't say it was weird to adopt a kid. I said they are weird and i didnt know it was possible to adopt an older kid at that age. The way they act is weird. Plain and simple. Cal down, geez lol

And no that's not what I mean about how they talk. They talk like life is a poem and I just find it odd.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is 'weird' about adopting a 10-year-old child? Everyone on here is always yelling, "Quit adopting babies!!! Adopt the older children!!" Then--when someone DOES adopt an older child, ppl on here are still complaining!!! WHY do you think she owes you or anyone else any explanation about their child's adoption?? For all you know, maybe she was being sexually abused and she was taken away from the abuse and allowed to be legally adopted!! And yes--the Mormon Church happens to have the LDS Social Services. This program helps unite babies/children with adoptive parents. I know this, b/c I have a friend who got pregnant and the sperm donor didn't want any part of her or the baby!! My friend couldn't take care of a baby at the time, so she called LDS Social Services. She got to choose the couple she wanted to have raise her baby. The couple she chose, were infertile and had been on a waiting list to adopt for 7 years! They even put the age that they were willing to adopt as newborn thru 10-years-old!!! When you say 'everything they do and say seems so 'right" you probably mean they don't curse or say off-color jokes etc! I promise you!! They are not 'rehearsed.' Mormons live by much different and usually higher standards than non-Mormons. How do I know about all of this? Because I am also a Mormon and PROUD of it!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN