Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Judgmental a-holes!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I have 3 kids ages 3, 6, and 8. My 6 year old dd has ODD and is bipolar. She sees a therapist weekly and is doing well, but we still have our issues now and then.
Anyway, I took my kids out for ice cream after school today at a local ice cream parlor. As we were sitting down at our table my dd asked if she could get a cup of water. I said sure and she walked over to the drink fountain. I wasn't paying much attention to her because my 3 year old ds dropped his ice cream in his lap and I was trying to clean him up. Then I hear a woman say "I wish people would watch their children and stuff like this wouldn't happen" to which a man replied "Some people just shouldn't be parents". So I looked up to see that my dd couldn't reach the drink fountain, so she had climbed up on the counter to reach it. I immediately ran over there and got her down and said "baby, if you can't reach you need to ask for help. You're not supposed to be on the counter." The woman looks at the man and mumbles "poor kid", rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

I was pissed!! Seriously, we live in a small town and there were only a few people in the parlor. There's no reason for me to hover over my child. So she climbed on the counter...it wasn't hurting anyone. I stopped her as soon as I saw her. This lady was there with ONE child. Obviously she has no idea what it's like juggling 3 of them, especially one with mental issues. And the man was there by himself. Ugh!! I'm a good mom and it just really makes me mad that people would be so quick to make a snap judgment on someone without knowing anything about them.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dizzy77702
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I agree. People need to mind their own business and if society wasn't so fucked up I'm sure Someone would of offered to help your daughter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

How the hell is a 6 year old diagnosed with bi-polar already?? Jesus.

gingerprincess
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Assholes. tsk tsk

sailorchu
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Fuck 'em.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Exactly!! If they were watching her so closely they should've seen she couldn't reach and helped her.

Quoting dizzy77702:

I agree. People need to mind their own business and if society wasn't so fucked up I'm sure Someone would of offered to help your daughter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:33 AM
She was very recently diagnosed. It's a long story, but it runs in both sides of the family and she has exhibited signs for a while now. She's not medicated. As of now the therapist is helping a lot.

Quoting Anonymous:

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:39 AM
This.

Quoting Anonymous:

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Some people just have way too much time on their hands to be so worried about other people's lives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep. I really don't care what other people's kids are doing unless it looks like they're in danger. I try not to judge people without knowing their circumstances.

Quoting Zazayam:

Some people just have way too much time on their hands to be so worried about other people's lives.

JTnJT
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Some people can't see through their own stupidity, and need to learn to not be such damn busybodies.   Where we live we have an older couple who live on site during the summer, as the "on property managers"....she is the biggest busybody I have EVER met.  Last year before they left we got into it over her standing outside my house watching my electric meter, and telling another neighbor...."I wonder what she does in there all day that uses so much electricity?  They have the highest electric bill out of all the other homes."   Well, they returned for the summer just yesterday...it hadn't been 24 hours they'd been back, when a neighbor asked me "Is one of your children special needs?"  I was caught off guard and so asked her what she was talking about....she tells me...."Oh, well that Geri lady was introducing herself to us and she was asking me if I'd met you and what not.  Then she asked if you ever went and had anything done about your son's autism, and that your ODD needed to be checked too, that there was 'something not right with the child'".  Excuse me????  WTF man???  So I nicely told Geri, if she had questions about my family she needed to ask either my DH or myself, not that we would likely give her an answer even if she did, as our family was not her concern, and that if I heard anymore that she was talking to others about my family, I would be contacting a lawyer.  Urgh!  I eefin hate busybodies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)