Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She was finally ready, and I took care of it!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My 10 year old is half Filipina. And 25 Italian, and 25 german. 

I have a very hairy little girl :( 

But, she is only 10. And has never shown a real interest in shaving, even her mustache, which unfortunately looks just like her fathers, which is a short fu manchu style. :( 

But, she didnt care. all through K, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade. 

But she came to me tonight. And said she was tired of having a boys mustache. 

So we sat down in the bathroom with my electric razor, and we got rid of it. And i promised her i would get her an electric razor of her very own. its time she shave her legs too anyway. 

She is so happy, i can see it in her eyes :)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Replies (141-144):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:15 AM
It was definitely something traumatizing growing up, being treated so cruelly over something as common as facial hair.
Quoting Anonymous:

omg that makes total sense. i (and many women on my side of the family) have high testosterone. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't allowed to shave mine off because my Mom would tell me about the whole "grow back thicker" shit. I was tormented in public school. I was depressed, cut, starved, etc because nobody would hang out with me or talk to me. Girls would spit on me, boys would throw rocks and dirt. All this when up until I was 12 and changed everything. I blame my parents. My doctors told them that if I were to use BC pills, it could've prevented the hair growth. They declined, so I suffer. I'm really considering taking estrogen supplements because I read that it can help reduce the growth... I'm almost 30 now. Why bother?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:22 AM

I feel ya hon! Im caucasion,super pale and I have always been covered in dark hair, my arms, when my legs grow they are dark, horrible eyebrows, and yes a mustache! I was treated horribly, called names, it was terrible. When I got older and took care of things myself, things got better, but before, I was beat up,called names, barked at, it was horrible!

Quoting Anonymous:

It was definitely something traumatizing growing up, being treated so cruelly over something as common as facial hair.
Quoting Anonymous:

omg that makes total sense. i (and many women on my side of the family) have high testosterone. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't allowed to shave mine off because my Mom would tell me about the whole "grow back thicker" shit. I was tormented in public school. I was depressed, cut, starved, etc because nobody would hang out with me or talk to me. Girls would spit on me, boys would throw rocks and dirt. All this when up until I was 12 and changed everything. I blame my parents. My doctors told them that if I were to use BC pills, it could've prevented the hair growth. They declined, so I suffer. I'm really considering taking estrogen supplements because I read that it can help reduce the growth... I'm almost 30 now. Why bother?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:42 AM
My daughter is 4 and hairy as well. I don't know what I'm going to do when she gets older.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:45 AM
How much did this cost?

Quoting Val99:

My son had a unibrow and I took him to have it lasered.  Five visits of 20 minutes each and it's gone forever with no pain and no regrowth.  I don't believe that is "backward".

Quoting Anonymous:

In my opinion you seem a bit backwards here. 

I would NOT use waxing on a child. an electric razor is fun, easy, and PAINLESS. 

Why subject your child to that?  

Quoting Val99:

You used an electric razor on her face?!?!?

Why didn't you take her to have it waxed, or lasered off, or use a hair remover instead of slicing the hairs horizontally so it will appear thicker when it grows back?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN