Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She was finally ready, and I took care of it!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My 10 year old is half Filipina. And 25 Italian, and 25 german. 

I have a very hairy little girl :( 

But, she is only 10. And has never shown a real interest in shaving, even her mustache, which unfortunately looks just like her fathers, which is a short fu manchu style. :( 

But, she didnt care. all through K, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade. 

But she came to me tonight. And said she was tired of having a boys mustache. 

So we sat down in the bathroom with my electric razor, and we got rid of it. And i promised her i would get her an electric razor of her very own. its time she shave her legs too anyway. 

She is so happy, i can see it in her eyes :)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:02 AM

yeah but some of us are cowards. i will shave every day for the rest of my life with my electric razor, if it means i can avoid the wax strips of death! 

lol. it terrifies me. when i was a teen my sister convinced me to get my eyeybrows done, she only got ONE done because i wouldnt let the woman near me for the next one :P 

Quoting deskorcasmomma:

But it is still thick and darker. That is the part that people see.

Quoting Anonymous:

It only looks thicker and darker because you're looking at the cut hair, the thickest part of the hair, growing back in. The hair follicle does not change from shaving. 

Quoting deskorcasmomma:

It is not an old wives tale.

Just because it is not true for some people dose not mean it is not true for others.

Any time is shave any part of my body it always comes back thicker and darker

Quoting areles:

get ready for an influx of 'it'll grow back thicker' wives tale responses.

vindicated
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM

i let my 5 year old shave her legs. she has teenage boy legs- no lie. she dry shaves them with an electric trimmer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Razor?! My lip hairs are getting darker from pregnancies and I want to do something but I would never shave it. 

paknari
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM
I would wax. I shaved and although it didn't grow back thicker or anything it was like I had 5 o'clock shadow. Now I use laser but of course you can't do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I was friends with a girl like that in middle school. She was Italian mixed with something else and I'd never (still have never) seen a person with legs so hairy. Worse part was we went to a uniform school that only allowed us to wear skirts. Eventually her mom took her to get everything waxed off late in the 7th grade because other people were making fun of her.

LovelyCorrupt
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:08 AM
I recommend a mild bleach or wax. The hair will come back course and more noticeable. my ex mil is Sicilian and her dd is half Puerto Rican, so also furry. At 14, she and ex mil bleach together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:10 AM
My 11 year old has back hair, it's been there since birth. At first I thought it was lanugo because she was a bit early, but it never fell out :( I asked the pedi about it when she was 5 and was told it may still go away or she may always have it. At this point it looks like it may be permanent. We haven't decided what we will do if she eventually wants it gone. The electric razor sounds like a decent option. She has a low pain tolerance, so I worry waxing isn't an option for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:24 AM

my DD has a very very low pain tolerance. and when i did the electric razor, she said she didnt feel a thing. 

Quoting FoxFire363:

My 11 year old has back hair, it's been there since birth. At first I thought it was lanugo because she was a bit early, but it never fell out :( I asked the pedi about it when she was 5 and was told it may still go away or she may always have it. At this point it looks like it may be permanent. We haven't decided what we will do if she eventually wants it gone. The electric razor sounds like a decent option. She has a low pain tolerance, so I worry waxing isn't an option for her.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Yeah, I've used one myself a few times and while it is a bit tickly, it's totally pain free. I'm glad you were able to help your dd out.

Quoting Anonymous:

my DD has a very very low pain tolerance. and when i did the electric razor, she said she didnt feel a thing. 

Quoting FoxFire363:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Dude.  Let it die.  The growing back thicker thing is a lie.

But nah. don't believe the women who actually deal with this, lol.

Quoting deskorcasmomma:

But it is still thick and darker. That is the part that people see.

Quoting Anonymous:

It only looks thicker and darker because you're looking at the cut hair, the thickest part of the hair, growing back in. The hair follicle does not change from shaving. 

Quoting deskorcasmomma:

It is not an old wives tale.

Just because it is not true for some people dose not mean it is not true for others.

Any time is shave any part of my body it always comes back thicker and darker

Quoting areles:

get ready for an influx of 'it'll grow back thicker' wives tale responses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN