Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She was finally ready, and I took care of it!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My 10 year old is half Filipina. And 25 Italian, and 25 german. 

I have a very hairy little girl :( 

But, she is only 10. And has never shown a real interest in shaving, even her mustache, which unfortunately looks just like her fathers, which is a short fu manchu style. :( 

But, she didnt care. all through K, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade. 

But she came to me tonight. And said she was tired of having a boys mustache. 

So we sat down in the bathroom with my electric razor, and we got rid of it. And i promised her i would get her an electric razor of her very own. its time she shave her legs too anyway. 

She is so happy, i can see it in her eyes :)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:37 AM
5 year old?! How is a 5 year old even worried about those things? I think that's more Mummy's embarrassment....

Quoting vindicated:

i let my 5 year old shave her legs. she has teenage boy legs- no lie. she dry shaves them with an electric trimmer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:40 AM

I don't really have a shaving rule. I know it's pretty damn easy to take $5 buy a razor and DIY and then mom has to let you do it - because we all know that once you start you can't stop. But I *do* try and hold off. In our family the girls don't usually get hair until about 6 -12 months before your period and it's a rather slow growth. I would *try* to hold off until they at least got their periods, but if they get my DH's greek side, then I would probably start of by shaving FOR them, and I wouldn't hesitate to take it away and make them wear leggings under dresses or long pants if I felt they were goint to end up with chopped up legs. On the other hand though - my eldest refused to have anyone touch her eyebrows. She litereally *just* had them done for the first time since she was born and that was on threat of me not letting her apply for a job that she wanted because it's a appearance based job. She told me she would just apply anyway - but obviously was too scared to test this theory.

Gracie-May
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:41 AM
It's not lie. In the 5 years I've been with DF, his beard and moustache has got courser and thicker. Shaving does make it thicker. It doesn't for EVERYONE, but usually true for those with darker hair

Quoting Anonymous:

Dude.  Let it die.  The growing back thicker thing is a lie.

But nah. don't believe the women who actually deal with this, lol.

Quoting deskorcasmomma:

But it is still thick and darker. That is the part that people see.

Quoting Anonymous:

It only looks thicker and darker because you're looking at the cut hair, the thickest part of the hair, growing back in. The hair follicle does not change from shaving. 

Quoting deskorcasmomma:

It is not an old wives tale.

Just because it is not true for some people dose not mean it is not true for others.

Any time is shave any part of my body it always comes back thicker and darker

Quoting areles:

get ready for an influx of 'it'll grow back thicker' wives tale responses.

vindicated
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM

have you met kids today? they are cruel little bastards.

Quoting Anonymous:

5 year old?! How is a 5 year old even worried about those things? I think that's more Mummy's embarrassment....

Quoting vindicated:

i let my 5 year old shave her legs. she has teenage boy legs- no lie. she dry shaves them with an electric trimmer

-42-
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:46 AM
If you can ever convince her, find a place that does threading.

For real, it's totally worth the bit of pain. I get my brows done and it grows in slower and softer than it does when you shave. I can't do waxing because I break out crazy bad from it. Threading is fast, too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Not 5 year olds. That's far too young to be worrying about these kind of things and caring about them. I have NEVER met a 5 year old who makes fun of hair

Quoting vindicated:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vindicated:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Yeah no. You are full of shit. Either you dont have school age kids, or you are just trolling for an argument. 

kids of ALL ages can pick on another child for differences. not ALL of them certainly. but because of how some parents 'raise' their children these days (or lack there of) i have seen children as young as 3 calling another child four eyes because he had glasses. 5 and 6 year olds that call eachother bitches and call eachother stupid. 

maybe you got lucky. and you have great kids, who have great friends. and that is awesome. 

but dont assume that ALL children are like that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Not 5 year olds. That's far too young to be worrying about these kind of things and caring about them. I have NEVER met a 5 year old who makes fun of hair

Quoting vindicated:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vindicated:

Lalalie
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Aw. Poor girl. That is going to be hell, having to constantly shave it.

Kudos for helping her with it, and I'm glad she is happy now.

deskorcasmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:01 AM
Well it is a free country , at less for now anyways, believe what ever you want and I will know the truth, at less the truth for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dude.  Let it die.  The growing back thicker thing is a lie.

But nah. don't believe the women who actually deal with this, lol.

Quoting deskorcasmomma:

But it is still thick and darker. That is the part that people see.

Quoting Anonymous:

It only looks thicker and darker because you're looking at the cut hair, the thickest part of the hair, growing back in. The hair follicle does not change from shaving. 

Quoting deskorcasmomma:

It is not an old wives tale.

Just because it is not true for some people dose not mean it is not true for others.

Any time is shave any part of my body it always comes back thicker and darker

Quoting areles:

get ready for an influx of 'it'll grow back thicker' wives tale responses.

conweis
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:04 AM
I had a wax mishap when I was younger LOL

Quoting SadiasMomma:

My kid will eventually have that same epiphany lol but we'll go for a wax.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)