Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just don't understand why people do this

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When going into the military why do people always tend to get married and have kids? You are more than likely going away for long periods of time. I know women who plan babies and then their SO leaves for basic or goes on tour and there you are being a single mom to raise a child alone and it won't know their dad. It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. I 110% support our groups but why do that to yourself, and the baby? Money? Housing? What? Why not wait to make those commitments until after you're doing with your military duties?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:22 AM
3 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this
You're not too sharp on military affairs and family affairs are you?
bi-polarmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:24 AM
2 moms liked this

not even military, and still thinking the same thing

Quoting armywifey26:

Come join me at Multi-Generational Special Needs Households, a place for moms dealing with 2 or more generations of special needs under one roof

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118250/

marinenonstop
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:24 AM
2 moms liked this
So those who are career military should be single and childless?
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:25 AM
3 moms liked this
If my husband and I were to wait until he retires so he wouldn't be gone "all the time" we would both be too old to have kids.abd I resent being called a single mom just because my husband is I the military. Do you call oil rig wives and OTR trucker wives single moms?
I-Love-My-Girls
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Well, anyone who has a child are taking risks. It's not promising that any of us will be here tomorrow.. I would assume they do it to carry on the family just in case something does happen.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Well for one, my husband wants to make a career out of being in the military. He's been in for 10 years now. Should we wait until we're old and gray to have kids? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:26 AM
3 moms liked this

There's no accounting for love, silly! Go to bed, cause you aren't thinking straight!

People who serve our country deserve families, too. The women (or men) who love them deserve our support not criticism.

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Hmmm I didn't know people got married just because one was joining the military. Or am I way off on your question?

Ps::: I'm not a military wife nor do I know any so if this happens I'm just not aware
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinenonstop
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Wait for what exactly?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand why you can't elaborate since you're coming from a military lifestyle? Why get married and get pregnant knowing you'd be raising the family alone for a while? It didn't seem smarter to wait?

Quoting armywifey26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)