Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

contact wearers i need some advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I wore contacts once as a teen almost 20 years ago but I don't remember everything. I just got contacts again and the doc said it would take time for my eyes to adjust. Its been a week in my trial pair and i just got my year supply today. Just this week my eyes have had such a hard time. Feeling dry and scratchy. Should I toss these and start freash with a new pair in the morning even though it's only been a week?

Please excuse the typos. I have a new iPhone and I'm still adjusting to the keyboard and spell chance
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megara
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Are they right side out? When mine are scratchy it's usually bc they are inside out. I have only been wearing them since November.
CocoBeen
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Add time each day. Don't start out wearing them all day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I wear mine for a month (they are 2 week lenses). However, you may want to switch to a different solution--I assume these are soft lenses? I cannot use any solution other than Renu or my eyes get all scratchy. Also, in the springtime you may be reacting to pollen or molds in the air.

Megara
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:50 AM
That too. I started with 2 hours and added 2 hours per day. I just use the solution they have me, but when DH used to wear contacts he was really sensitive to solution.

Quoting CocoBeen:

WashingtonMom
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:55 AM

I wasn't able to keep wearing contacts since my allergies are pretty bad. Do you wear eye makeup? Also making sure your hands are super clean before putting them in? 

JustaGirl13
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:00 AM

It really depends on what type they are. There are some that you only wear for a day and put a new pair in each morning. Others are supposed to be changed out weekly to biweekly. Then ones like I have that you only change once a month.

They shouldn't be bothering you that much unless something is in your eye. Have you talked to your doc? Are they in correctly?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:01 AM

no, i make extra sure to check for the 'cone' shape before putting them in. i learned that the hard way a few times when i was younger and it stuck lol. 

Quoting Megara:

Are they right side out? When mine are scratchy it's usually bc they are inside out. I have only been wearing them since November.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:03 AM

these are supposed to be monthly lenses. they are soft lenses. im using biotrue, it came with them from the doc. ive never heard of the brand though. and i have heard of renu before. and loved it. maybe i will switch. 

but thats also true about allergies. my allergies have been acting up. but when i wore glasses my eyes were rarely affected. maybe that is whats going on. 

Quoting lucsch:

I wear mine for a month (they are 2 week lenses). However, you may want to switch to a different solution--I assume these are soft lenses? I cannot use any solution other than Renu or my eyes get all scratchy. Also, in the springtime you may be reacting to pollen or molds in the air.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:04 AM

no, no makeup. and i definately wash before touching :) (the added naughty implication was intended hehe) 

Quoting WashingtonMom:

I wasn't able to keep wearing contacts since my allergies are pretty bad. Do you wear eye makeup? Also making sure your hands are super clean before putting them in? 

CocoBeen
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:04 AM
The solution can make a difference.

Quoting Megara:

That too. I started with 2 hours and added 2 hours per day. I just use the solution they have me, but when DH used to wear contacts he was really sensitive to solution.

Quoting CocoBeen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN