Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

contact wearers i need some advice

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I wore contacts once as a teen almost 20 years ago but I don't remember everything. I just got contacts again and the doc said it would take time for my eyes to adjust. Its been a week in my trial pair and i just got my year supply today. Just this week my eyes have had such a hard time. Feeling dry and scratchy. Should I toss these and start freash with a new pair in the morning even though it's only been a week?

Please excuse the typos. I have a new iPhone and I'm still adjusting to the keyboard and spell chance
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Replies (21-24):
aprilz1225
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:49 AM

i have an astigmatisim to i ware hard contact could not do soft, i was constanly adjusting them. my eyes would dry out to when i had soft one hot days and high humidity made it worse, keep rewetting drops with you. it came down to me wareing contacts, when i had the soft ones for pics, nights out and special occasions. went back to hard one a couple years ago.

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Try a different solution. I like Aquify. If you switch and the problem continues go back to your doctor.
And you should really have a pair of glasses as a backup, even if its just a cheap pair. I learned that lesson the hard way. You can get cheap glasses at Walmart.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Since you're new to contacts, the trial pair shouldn't be on for longer than a week for a few hours at a time... Your eyes could be irritated, keep them hydrated constantly with solution drops. Check to make sure the contacts are placed in correctly. If the edges curve downward then they're wrong. No make up till after contact is in. Don't take them out till make up is off.
PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:53 AM

No, with today's contacts there shouldn't be any discomfort (unless they're inside out).  If you're having problems, try another brand.  My contacts were comfortable from the start and there was no break in period.  I wore them all day.  It's been a long time though. I stopped wearing them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured