Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Adoption and Circumcision

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Does the birth parents or adoptive parents make this choice?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:01 AM
bump!
poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I would think that of the baby is being taken from the hospital by the adoptive parents then i would say it would be up to them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:05 AM
bump
mnivis01
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Adoptive parents.
Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Adoptive parents. Not sure why the BM would make that choice

amberlyp
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:08 AM
I believe adoption varies by state. Some states have the birth parents give them up immediately and some states allow the birth mom to bond with the baby until she leaves the hospital. In which case if the birth mom still had "custody" over the child, I imagine that she could have him circumcised. But once the baby is in the adoptive parents care, then it is their decision to do it if it is not already done. Although I can't understand why a birth mom would care to do it when she won't be taking care of the babe in the first place.

I could be completely wrong about all this so don't quote me on it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Quoting mnivis01:

Adoptive parents.

What if the birth mother doesn't want to circ but the adoptive parents want too. Can she say no?
mnivis01
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:10 AM
I believe so, yes. She made the choice to place the child with them. They will be the child's parents. And usually if the adoptive parents are at the hospital, that's when they sign the papers.

This is a tricky situation though.. since most states the biological mother has so many weeks to change their mind..

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mnivis01:

Adoptive parents.

What if the birth mother doesn't want to circ but the adoptive parents want too. Can she say no?
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM

The birth mother has to sign a release to allow the prospective adoptive parents to do it because she is the  baby's legal parent. This is what I did. 

If the birth mother didn't want it done, she could make it a condition of the adoption, but even so, once the adoption is finalized the adoptive parents could then have it done because then the birth mother is legally a stranger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN