Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it bad to use bleach or Ajax on your kitchen counter?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My husband says it is but it is what I have always used. We have been just using water but I don't think that is sanitary. Is there something without chemicals you can use?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:04 AM
You can use vinegar mixed with water. It smells awful though! Even after I added essential oils to it I could still smell the vinegar, yuck! I use Clorox wipes and they work great. They also don't make me sick everytime I clean.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Bump
canog08
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:36 AM

vinegar

mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:43 AM
1 quarry of vinegar + orange peels + closed container +2 weeks really helps solve that issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can use vinegar mixed with water. It smells awful though! Even after I added essential oils to it I could still smell the vinegar, yuck! I use Clorox wipes and they work great. They also don't make me sick everytime I clean.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Quoting mattiehatter:

1 quarry of vinegar + orange peels + closed container +2 weeks really helps solve that issue.

Quoting Anonymous:

mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:18 AM
When it's done you'll want to filter it really well as some of the Perl debris will be floating around. I had a second jar handy and used a wash cloth secured with a rubber band.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mattiehatter:

Quoting Anonymous:

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Ajax is abrasive. You can make a solution of 1 part bleach and 32 parts water and put it in a spray bottle and spray that on the counter to sanitize after you clean with a soapy rag or sponge.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:24 AM

vinegar.  dilute it with some water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN