Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What does your schedule look like?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 41 Replies

And even your DH's?

We are still adjusting to this new schedule and it sucks.

I'm gone by 6am.

DH gets the kids off to school (8:30am), youngest to the sitter, and goes to school. Then he picks up the youngest, goes home and works on homework, and picks up the others from school. Immediately turns around and drops all 3 off at the sitter, and heads off to work (to be there by 4). He gets there by 4pm and works til 11:30pm.

I get out at 6, pick up the kids by 6:45, get home by 7:15, throw dinner together, give them baths, send them off to bed, and pick up the house. Except on Mondays. I leave by 5am so I can get out early to take DS to cub scouts. So that delays everything by an hour and it's a mad rush to get everything done. Neither of us have very long to spend time with them (DH doesn't at all). We would love to go out and socialize on the weekends, but it's hard to balance wanting to spend time with the kids with wanting to go out with other adults, so we usually stay home.

Our workloads are so imbalanced, and our family life SUCKS. I keep thinking "What is the point? Is this how life just IS?"

Anyway, what about you? Are you constantly running around? Do you like the way things work in your house??

(sorry this is sooo long!)

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Mine says: Get some shit done today!

momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I love it lol!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine says: Get some shit done today!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Mine is sleep and sleep some more.
SB2217
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I had my third baby 3 weeks ago. with a newborn and a 16 month old and 3 year old, im still trying to figure out a new schedule/routine.
I still have to drop oldest dd at school, take her to ballet,etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randomosityblog
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:34 AM

SO wakes up at 3:30AM, works out until 4:30, eats then goes to work at 5:30 (arrives at 6). 

The kids wake me up at 7-7:30, I get them on the bus at 8:30. Then I go to the gym, most days. If I skip the gym, I head to Panera (or another cafe) to blog for a few hours. 

I come home and fix lunch for her at 12 - she comes home for lunch then goes back to work.

Then I do my errands... or blog... or walk the dog... or take a nap. :)

SO gets home at 4:30. She gets the kids from the bus stop at 4:50.

One of us starts fixing dinner, while the other helps with homework. Then the kids do their chores, we watch TV or talk or whatever, then we all go to bed.

I usually blog in the evenings for at least an hour, too. Unless it's my evening to deal with the kids - we switch off - then I stay offline.

When SO worked second shift, we spent all day together and then I dealt with the kids by myself in the evening. It was nice for us to spend time together but I was not liking the responsibility all being on me in the evening. Now that she works first shift, we tackle everything together and it helps a lot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I work a "9 to 5" but adjusted my hours to make managing the family easier.  My commute is 1.5 hrs, so I leave at 5:00, work 6:30 - 3:30, get the kiddo by 5.  DH works 7:00AM - 9:00PM most days. 

Josie_P
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM
My DH and I leave for work around 8.30. Nanny comes around 7.30-7.45. We're usually home by 5-5.30 but we've come home as late as 7. When we come home, it's family time until around 7, eat dinner at 7.30 and put the kids to bed after a bath around 8.30.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Up, ride at 6:00. Back by 7:00, wake kids, dress them, feed them, pack lunches and drive older son to school by 8:05.  Home, get bucket packed for younger son, have him to preschool by 9:00. home. FINALLY shower. Unload dishwasher, run errands, grocery shop, etc. pick younger one up at 11:30. Home. Feed kid, maybe grab something for myself if I'm lucky.

Turn on a movie/show/audiobook for ds on days when he doesn't have occupational therapy. Clean up, do laundry, catch up on emails and paperwork (I coordinate the local Cub Scouts and am baseball team mom). Leave to pick up older son by 2:30. Play a little on the playground, home and help with homework. Feed kiddos by 4:30 so they can get ready for practice/games at 5:15. Games or practice until about 7:30. Home, showers and bed by 8:00 (yeah, right).

I then veg out because my brain is shot. Load dishwasher, fold laundry, attempt conversation with equally-fried husband. Go to bed. Lather, rinse, repeat.

highlandmum
by Spunky on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I run around constant.  I have joked many times that all I use my house for is sleeping in, I live in my car.

Monday - out of the house by 6:45 am work till 5:00, then have dinner (made in the crock-pot), leave at 5:45 pm, take DD15 to dance for 6:15, run across town to take DS7 to Box Lacrosse for 7:00 till 8:00, then it is back across town to pick DD up from dance at 8:15 - I am always late for this

Tuesday - Work is the same, dinner I actually have time to make it.  Then DS has hockey from 6:30 till 7:30

Wednesday - Start work at 6:30 am till 4:30 pm.  Get home grab DD13 for dance - she has already grab her dinner from the crock-pot.  Take her to dance for 5:15, back across town to pick up DS who again has Box Lacrosse from 7:00 till 8:00, then again back across to the dance to pick up DD13

Thursday - Work normal hours - Day off with no activities Yah!!!!!

Friday - Work from 7 am till 4pm.  Get home have dinner, then take both DD's to dance from 5:00 till 8:15.  During this time I run around and get groceries and other stuff with DS

Saturday - Usually we have either a hockey game, or Dance competition

Sunday - DS always has hockey, we also can have dance competitions on this day.

Now this schedule is if DH is working or is out of town.  If he is not working and in town he will pick up some of the activities or make dinner.  I like being busy, I like my children are very active.

mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I'm up at 5 am M-F. I get up and shower OR put on my workout gear depending on my day. I eat breakfast and have my coffee/Bible time before the girls are up at 6:30. Then, I get them ready for school and out the door we go at 7:30. Once the kids are in school, I will go to the gym for a few hours or I will get my allergy shots, run errands, clean house, or anything else that needs to be done and then pick up my YDD at noon. Then, it is home for lunch and turn around and pick up my ODD at 2:30. When we get home, it is homework time for them and then most days, we head off to the Karate Dojo for a while...home for dinner, shower, family time and bed time. On Wednesdays, I pick up my niece from school, take her home and then we have Church at night for 2.5 hours. 

Dh works from home so his schedule is up at 5:30 M-W-F for CrossFit and then home to work until 6ish...Tue and Th- he gets up between 8:30-9 depending on whether he has conference calls or not on his schedule. 

Saturday and Sunday we spend together 99% of the time. Sundays, we have Church in the am, but after that we spend the day together as a family. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)