Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

regreting name choice

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM
  • 62 Replies
So what would u do if ur child was named after a bank robber, kiddnapper, and rapist? Especially when the father wont agree to changing the name... I don't know what to do about this. My son HATES his name (and his father), he's only 7

Update: he wasn't named after the Guy for doing those things, he did them after our son was born.
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM
What's the name?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Can he just use a nickname?

Lorik1969
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM
3 moms liked this
Unless his name is Adolph, I can't imagine it's that bad. What is his name?
sillymumof2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:47 AM
His name is tyson-dane bosley. His father was Dane bosley. So even tho we go by ty Tyson or tys, we all still strongly dislike it. - we r trying to get Tyson Roland Bernard.

Quoting angevil53:

What's the name?

sillymumof2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Tyson-dane bosley. His father is Dane bosley

Quoting Lorik1969:

Unless his name is Adolph, I can't imagine it's that bad. What is his name?

Lorik1969
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:58 AM
I guess i'm confused. I have no idea what kidnapper/rapist you're talking about. Is it his first name he doesn't like or his middle or last name?

Quoting sillymumof2:

His name is tyson-dane bosley. His father was Dane bosley. So even tho we go by ty Tyson or tys, we all still strongly dislike it. - we r trying to get Tyson Roland Bernard.

Quoting angevil53:

What's the name?

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Idk who that is. I doubt other's that he would come across would put it together unless he used his hyphenated name too.

Quoting sillymumof2:

Quoting angevil53:

What's the name?

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I just did a Google search on him. I'm assuming in your area people know who he is and would recognize the name? I don't know if you need the father's permission to change his name. Maybe call the county building and they can point you in the right direction.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM

My kid will have the same name they were given at birth regardless of the situation until they turn 18 and change it them self.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I mean if someone in he world named cooper hayes decided to become a murdered I don't think it would affect me at all that he has the same name as my kid
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)