Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your husband is bad at housework...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Is your husband bad at housework? 
Are you teaching your children how to help around the house?  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM
No and yes.
CutieCrab
by Jen on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM

No.

Yes.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Yep he is. I ask him to do something and generally I have to do it over.

Yes I teach my kids to help around the house from an early age.

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Yes.

He knows how to clean, of course. He lacks the motivation to actually do it. If I don't ask him to do something, he usually won't do it. Sometimes he will, though.

My son is responsible for his room (which he hates) but is willing to help me do anything I ask around the house. Lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM
My children are getting there. I say "getting there" because my husband is a bad influence on them.

My husband is lazy and rarely does anything. And when he does, it's half-assed.
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Yes, he's terrible at housework because his parents never taught him how. So I teach my kids how to do it so their SOs aren't crying with a greasy pot in their hands.
My husband does try. He just isn't good.
FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM

No, he's good.

Yes, she has her owwn chores to do

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM
My bf is awful at house work he grew up the spoiled brat tryin to be gangster I grew up in the "getto" an was taught early how to keep a household in order. He can't do dishes without a dishwasher dosent know how to use a vacuums and burns anything in the microwave don't even dare to give let this guy NEAR a stove. He can't wash a bottle properly cant even fold a onesie correctly. Everything was done for him before he hit 18 now he has to learn what he should have years ago. He's a nice guy whose trying to get it but gets so frustrated with things he gives up because he never learned these things in his up bringing an his parents are just as lazy about things. This is a huge lesson to me and when my son (he's only four months now) is old enough I'm going to teach him how to do things for himself so he dosent end up as clueless as his dad.
raefmom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM

He is not bad. 

Yes I am teaching my kids because I want them to be able to have a clean home and be able to take care of themselves when they eventually move out. Doing everything for them is a disservcie to them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM

If your husband is bad at house works odds are he is doing it on purpose so he doesn't have to do it again.

so show him just like you would show your children how to do it and he will have no excuses.

answers to your questions.

No, and they know how to do housework it's just a matter of getting them to do it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)