Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can you define this for me?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 28 Replies
My job booklet says "business casual", however I think you can have either business, or casual. How do you combine the two? I've noticed that I seem to be overdressing for my job, yet others are getting in trouble for their attire. What do you consider "business casual"? (Sidenote: I am unable to wear hoodies/ tennis shoes to my job. Everyone got a memo on that Tuesday)
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
casual would be jeans and a tshirt....business casual means slacks and a nice shirt or nice dress pants with nice shirt/blouse.....pretty much means business attire but you dont have to wear a suit and tie
CDMelty
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Business casual, to me, means you can wear sweaters instead of blouses, khakis instead of slacks, lace-up shoes instead of heels or flats. Like a bank teller rather than a ceo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Full on business usually means a blazer with a collered shirt, with black or grey slacks and closed toed shoes/heels. Business casual you do a solid cardigan and a nice top underneath with khakis slacks and flats.
mamacough
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM

slacks and a button down shirt, wedge heels

jazzy411
by Jazmyne Lee on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

casual would be jeans and a tshirt....business casual means slacks and a nice shirt or nice dress pants with nice shirt/blouse.....pretty much means business attire but you dont have to wear a suit and tie

This is what I thought, but I'm one of maybe 20 people that dress like this. Everyone else wears jeans, Tshirst... A few people wear hole-y jeans and graphic t shirts (these are the ones who get into trouble.) So for clarification this is how I am supposed to dress?
SterlingHeart
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM

slacks, blouses, sweaters, skirts, low heal or loafer style shoes 

business means suits or dresses 

business causual means business seperates okay as long as you don't violate a dress code stipulation 

this is business casual --- NO jeans unless they say dark ones are acceptable or colored jeans -- or casual friday

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Business casual is not jeans. Those people are wrong.
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Mobile Photo

slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I consider business casual to basically be a suit without the jacket. Button-down shirt, nice slacks, nice shoes. Natural makeup, if any, and little jewelry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)