Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need your opinion mama's. (Especially if you have toddlers/preschoolers)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM
  • 41 Replies

I found these at the store the other day and plan to use them as a game at my daughters birthday, a matching game where they will have a game piece and be looking for a match. My question for you ladies is...Are most 2/3/4 year olds able to understand the association of these items? I could just make them match items exact key/key but that seems too simple. I think the key/lock match should be fine, and a bit more challenging. Thoughts?

(Oh, and I know cookies and milk might not be widely known at that age lol)

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

If you give them examples first, I think it will be fine.

tinkerbelle18
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I don't know about most kids but I know mine understood those connections at that age.

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I would think so, like you said maybe not the cookies and milk one. 

bcoll
by Brandi on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine do as well, I just wanted to make sure before setting children up for frustration. I figured there were enough moms here to get an idea :)

Quoting tinkerbelle18:

I don't know about most kids but I know mine understood those connections at that age.

bcoll
by Brandi on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting LovelyMommy24:

I would think so, like you said maybe not the cookies and milk one. 

coala
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I don't know about the average 2 or 3 yo, but I know my DD could have done it that early.  I like the idea of the game.  It sounds fun.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I would have one on one matches, like 2 cookies, 2 pencils, etc.. 

bcoll
by Brandi on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks, I know mine could too, but just double checking :) She's having a Dora party but it's going to be like a Dora episode. Swiper is going to swipe the Cake/cup cakes/cake pops (whatever we go with) and they will go on the adventure to find them. This will be one of the activities when they're following the map, another is going to be the bridge that's always missing pieces. (filled in with shapes) Card stock shapes/foamboard bridge :) Not sure of the third activity yet. Got any ideas?
Quoting coala:

I don't know about the average 2 or 3 yo, but I know my DD could have done it that early.  I like the idea of the game.  It sounds fun.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Yes but they will all just run around playing together anyways. Dont do structered activities lol never ends up working
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Not sure about the average 2-3 year old, but mine could have done it. Maybe do a practice run with them first?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN