Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scared to have #2?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 2 Replies
Little bit of background.
I had my daughter all alone it had been just the two of us until I met my wonderful DH. That was when she was 2. My DH and I moved a little fast I will admit but anyways. When my daughter was 3 the DH had asked me if I wanted anymore kids(he had a 7 yr old son from previously). I had told him no but he seemed so disappointed so I asked him and he said he was hoping for a couple more maybe. He melted my heart then. So after talking and knowing he wanted more I did not want to deny him of something so precious so I agreed I would have ONE more baby but that was it. But that whole time I really did not want to because I LOVED just having my daughter and spoiling her rotten:) Shortly after we got pregnant with My second (Our third) During the pregnancy some nights I would find myself crying. I was so scared that I would not love this baby as much as I did my daughter and that this baby would not get as much attention as my daughter or my daughter would not get as much attention from me or my DH or my family. Or how could i possiblyleave any love left to give this child? I was so scared through my pregnancy to have this second child and sometimes finding myself wishing I would had never agreed to another. I looked for advice from many people that all told me the same.... Not to worry about it you will love them both the same and they both will get enough attention. But it did not seem to help me untill.........

I held that HANDSOME baby boy in my arms!!!!!
Then I knew everything would b ok. And it is! He is now almost 3 and sissy almost 7. And a moms love is the greatest!!! I do not love either more nor less or ever will!
Did anyone else worry about sharing their love and affection with their second child?
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I did before we got pregnant again and in the beginning until our son was so excited and willing to help get ready for his new sister. He's more excited then I am I think for her to get here.
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I did. I think most women do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)