Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this bother you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If your DH/SO/Fiancée constantly looked over your shoulder when you're on your phone? Mine does this a lot and it secretly annoys the hell out of me...more so because I'd never do that to him. I don't snoop. :/ Whenever someone texts me he says something like "Who's that?" Or "What's that about?" Or the recently added "Anything interesting?"
No. This is my phone. This is my space. What I'm talking about and who I'm talking to is my business, unless someone we mutually know texts me to ask something about him. Then it's his business.
Am I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Replies (81-86):
JulieBoyd
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Yeah, i can believe that

Quoting Anonymous:

It definitely makes it difficult, that's for sure.

Quoting JulieBoyd:

Ugh! That sucks!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am very non-confrontational and he is the exact opposite. If I tell him, trust me, it will definitely be made into a big deal.

Quoting JulieBoyd:

Right? I agree...i'm sure he's not gonna freak out or something over that, me and hubby tell each other when small things like that bother us and it's never any big deal!

Quoting emmypaige:

Same... But why not just tell him you think it's annoying?

Quoting JulieBoyd:

I wouldn't care, we both do it to each other so that's normal for me

NiCo86
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM
were the same way, our phones are open to eachother. when either of us ask each other what a text is about it out of curiosity lol we like to know what's going on in each others lives.

Quoting JulieBoyd:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM
It makes me feel like he doesn't trust me. He knows who I talk to, where I am, what I do during the day...I just don't see why my phone activity has to be divulged as well. I give him zero reason to be suspicious of me.

Quoting NiCo86:

were the same way, our phones are open to eachother. when either of us ask each other what a text is about it out of curiosity lol we like to know what's going on in each others lives.

Quoting JulieBoyd:

NiCo86
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
perhaps hes just genuinely curious as to what's going on in your life? I don't ask my husband about his phone activity because I'm suspicious I ask because I'm curious and interested in his life.

Quoting Anonymous:

It makes me feel like he doesn't trust me. He knows who I talk to, where I am, what I do during the day...I just don't see why my phone activity has to be divulged as well. I give him zero reason to be suspicious of me.

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting JulieBoyd:

JulieBoyd
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Yeah, that's the same for us. Lol i'm just nosey and interested like that...he doesn't ever take it wrong and nor do i with him...there was a time way back when i did ask out of lack of trust for him but that was something he did, and made me lose trust for him. We fixed it and trust has been restored, i don't always ask him unless he was telling me about a conversation he was having and i want to know responses to certain things said.

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting JulieBoyd:

NiCo86
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:46 PM
weve had the trust issues that we've worked through ourselves :) but were just interested in each others lives. he enjoys watching me play on CM because its something different that he doesn't quite understand lol and I love that he has that type of interest in my social networking life

Quoting JulieBoyd:

Yeah, that's the same for us. Lol i'm just nosey and interested like that...he doesn't ever take it wrong and nor do i with him...there was a time way back when i did ask out of lack of trust for him but that was something he did, and made me lose trust for him. We fixed it and trust has been restored, i don't always ask him unless he was telling me about a conversation he was having and i want to know responses to certain things said.

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting JulieBoyd:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN