Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You make your 7 year old get up with your newborn?! *small update *update *PTC update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 221 Replies
3 moms liked this

I volunteer at the elementary school here, i take 2 or 3 kids out and they read there books to me and we practice math and stuff like that. Today, the teacher had me take 1 kid, because he wouldn't listen and was ignoring her and wouldn't answer questions or join in with the other kids when it was reading time. We went to the library and sat on the couches and he almost fell asleep just by sitting down! I asked him why he was so tired and he said because his mom makes him give Jonah his bottle when he wakes up and if Jonah wakes her up he gets in trouble. Jonah is his 2 month old brother. What kind of p.o.s mother makes a 7 year old get up at night with there sibling? She works part time threw the day but that's still no reason to make a 7 year old do it.. The even grosser part is he said she makes the bottles and sits in the playpen and he just has to prop it up on the blankets. So by 3 or 4am...Formula has what a 2 or 4 hour use or throw again thing? So by then hes drinking old formula that should be thrown away...propped up on a blanket sleeping in a room with his 7 year old brother who doesn't have a clue what to do if the baby chokes. No diaper changes, no burping...

I feel sorry for both kids involved. Keagan shouldn't be taking care of a baby at his age...and the baby is being completely neglected by the mom at night. Don't even want to think about how she cares for them during the day when there awake.

This is shitty parenting at its best. Parent teacher conference is tomorrow tho, and the teacher is bringing up this. Thats not going to go well, but this b*tch needs to realize shes an idiot and a shitty parent.

update: 

i go back to the school at 2pm to work with the kids again (yes, even with my oh so horrible spelling skills that people seem to have to point out) and i will talk to the teacher about calling CPS.

I dont know if she did or not...Shes a good teacher that has been teaching for 11 years now so i'm sure she has or will report it. She told me that she would handle the situation and it would be mentioned at PTC. I'm supposed to tell her any more information that i can get from Keagan as far as this goes. 

I won't know anything til tomarrow tho...But i will update when i get back from the school to know if she has or is going to report it to CPS.

Its noon now, so about 3-4 hours and i will update.

I went to the school at about 1, instead of 2. I wanted to talk to the principal. I'm good friends with her. I told her exactly what Keagan told me, and she said that she had talked to Keagan and he told her the same. She said that her and the teacher had talked and it wouldn't be brought up at PTC. A note would be sent home with Keagan today about him being so tired the last few days. (I guess today is not the first time hes been like this) and the teacher will ask the mom about his tiredness and acting up in class during the PTC...But the baby will not be mentioned. I guess they've had alot of problems with his mom. BUT she never shows up to parent teacher confrences. They call her to reschedule when she doesn't show up, but eventually they have to call Keagan's dad and he comes. Since his dad doesn't know about this (atleast i'm assuming) i don't think its going to do much good. CPS has been informed of everything. Not by me, i'm not suppose to report anything without addressing it with the teacher and or principal. 

Keagan seems like he opens up to me more then anybody so she had me take Keagan alone and we ate icecream and talked. I asked him some more questions, told him he wasn't in trouble...and he seemed hesitant this time. Like he knew something was up. In the room next to us, the principal and school counseler was listening to everything. 

He said that his mom moved jonah to his room 2 or 3 days ago and jonah wakes up alot and he doesnt like to get up but if he doesnt get up with jonah to give him a bottle then his mom wont let him breakfast and he cant eat til snack time at school (10:30)  he said that he doesnt want his mom to get in trouble. he said at the store he sits in the car with jonah because his mom wont take them inside. 

The rest is pretty much the same as before. I know alot of people said i was assuming too much and he could be exagerating...but i don't think so. The way he talked, the way he acted, the detail he went into...the past history the school has with his mom...I believe every word he said. Especially cause he was he thinks it was 3  days ago that Jonah moved to his room which would be around monday, which is when he started coming to school so tired. 

But...CPS has been called. Atleast for now, the school doesn't know much because they have to wait for CPS to do something or come out to investigate. 

No school tomarrow because of PTC. I can update tomarrow with how PTC goes...but other then that i won't know anything about CPS til atleast Monday.

I wish i had more to update (like...CPS had already been out there and this is whats going to happen...but i don't. They work slowly and have alot of cases so they can't jump right to Keagan's case.)

PTC update:

I wasn't at the PTC. Only the teacher and principal were there. But the teacher agreed to update me on what was happening (Atleast what she was allowed to tell me. I'm sure theres some stuff she can't)

The mom suprisingly did show up to PTC. This is the first time shes ever showed up. The mom didn't seem interested at all at talking about Keagan. The teacher said something about how well Keagan had been doing and how his grades are all very good. Her remark was "he spends 2 hours in his room doing homework. he better do good"  (Instantly made me think "spending" 2 hours in his room = she locks him in his room for 2 hours) When the teacher mentioned how sleepy he has been she got SUPER defensive saying that she makes sure her kids get a good night sleep. He goes to bed at seven and doesn't get up til 7. Hes slept threw the night since he was 2 weeks old (Or she chose to ignore him like she is Jonah) and that got Jonah brought up. Teacher asked how Keagan liked having a new brother and mom said that keagan wasnt fond of having a baby in the house. But apparently hes already sleeping threw the night, at 2 months. (Again, Ignoring him?)  

She didn't mention anything else. But from the level of defensiveness from the mom...Teacher still thinks Keagan is telling the truth. Oh and there was more but it was on the actual education part. She just told me about the at home / keagan jonah situation.

I'm glad CPS was called. The stories don't add up at all. (Keagan vs Mom) and Keagan has no reason to lie. I know 7 year old's stretch the truth sometimes but not to this extent.

CPS has gotten in touch with the school. Monday i should have an update as far as CPS goes...Hopefully.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
manda-nicole010
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Wow, that really is terrible. :/ 

hkelly7
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:38 PM

BUMP!

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM
The mother will probably deny it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM
3 moms liked this

sadly she will probably take it out on the older son because he is making her look bad. I would probably report that type of behavior. It isnt fair to either child.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
CPS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
That's terrible and why is this woman so lazy!
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I would call cps for this 

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I wouldn't do that. But my DD is 11 and watches DS in the mornings. She gets him breakfast while I nap. But I'm up most of the night too. DS goes to sleep late. You cannot force this child to sleep. You just have to wait till he crashes.

Then I toss and turn all night and wake up many times. I get everyone up around 8 and I go lay down till around 10. If I'm asleep, its only lightly. So if theres an emergency all she has to do is yell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM

To me, this is a CPS issue. My 7 year old will take care of the 7 month old I watch but that is because he wants to, not because I make him. At any time he can hand that baby to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN