Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!! guess who just showed up?!holy crackers....update....another update apr.27 he REAL owner showed up :-(

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 206 Replies
17 moms liked this

yep. mr muddy paws.

guess we know who he wants to live with. yah. me.

backstory here;

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18413323/omg_there_is_a_huge_mastiff_staring_at_me_through_the_screen_door_UPDATE_edit_UPDATE_final_update

ok so i spent the day outside with the dogs baby and ds2, i was cleaning up the yard,raking leaves and planting bulbs ect.  Odin hung out,wandered off a few times but always came back. around 2pm, i see his owners car drive by, Odinalso saw the car drive by, and dashed into the garage and stayed in there for about 10 min, lol, then he was acting kind of paranoid (do dogs get paranoid?!) and hiding behind the house and poking just his head around the corner when a car would go by. i'm not gonna lie, i was laughing at him lol

so 330 rolls around, i can see from where i was sitting reading on the deck clearly down 4th street, all the way to the end. anyways, i heard barking and snarling and a woman and children yelling. so i look, and here is peggy, out walking her boston terrier, with her 2 toddlers, and that same gsd & pup i mentioned before was attacking her dog! a guy came out of his house and chased them away, so of course i put my dog (s) in the house and being my snoopy self walked over with baby and ds2 to gossip.

these 2 dogs have ben terrorizing pretty much anyone out walking in that area!

wtf!  so anyways, yeah, very responsible lady!!! Odin is nothing like those dogs, and i dont blame him for not wanting to stick around.

at this rate it wont be long before town hall has to do something. 

i talked to a few of our nieghbors and everyone agrees i should just keep Odin.

**shrugs** well i aint taking him back! so if he decides he wants to stay, iwont be stopping him! and just so you guys can see im NOT holding him hostage.....

hanging out with ds

as you can see the back of our house 88is open to the alley, he is not fenced in or tied up. and he just sticks around. **shrugs**

ok so yesterday, i called the town administrator again, told him that the dog had come back after i took him home,and that she had 2 other dogs on the loose, one which is aggressive, and that odin seemstowant to live here.

i explained that i wasunsure ofwhat to do, i wasnt *trying* to steal this womans dog, he just.....shows up.

anyways, i let him know that both odin and my dog ernie would be in the garage because i had to run into moosejaw, and he said he would go talk to his owner.

on theway to moosejaw i called both the humaine society and the sask SPCA, both told me that if he is here for72 hrs without her coming to get him, we can legaly keep him.

the town admin called me back, said he talked to her about her dogs at large, and that odin was at our place, she said she knew exactly wher odin has been, he said she didnt seem to worried about it.
i fully expected odin to be gone when i got home, but he wasnt. he is still here! she hasnt came by to get him or anything! what a bitch! (but lucky me!)
dh is warming up to the idea that we can actually keep him, especially after playing football with him last night lol in fact.....i think my hubby rather likes him!!!! and he doesnt really like dogs!

so i am pretty happy about this :-) dont know what fate brought him our way, but im not questioning it,  just accepting it :-)

his real owner showed up :-( she had been in mexico and her sdd was dogsitting, she got home last night andflipped outbecause her dog wasnt there.

im sosad we cant keep him, but she is really nice and he was happy to see her. she thanked us profusly, and i know she loves him. we told her to pop byanytime for a beer and bbq and thatnext time she needsa dog sitter, just bring him on over. she is super pissed at her sdd, cant say i blame her!

:-( now i need to find myself a mastiff because me and dh have fallen in love with the breed.

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM

mwahahaha

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Awew
D.O.E.
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM

BUMP!

MomTo2Boys12
Poor guy :( (not that he showed up at your place, but that he doesn't want to be home)
blondieinva80
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Awww...lol
WendyJR
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Awe yay glad he came back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.

he likes us :-)

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Awew

Sunshine257
Lol it is for the best
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
lol that's awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Lol I wouldnt let someone elses dog in my house without their permission. He is a cutie though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)