Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 7 yr old wants to go running.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
I run... is it okay to take my 7 yr old for a run with me? she wants to go, but I worry about her developing an eating disorder etc... is it too early?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SterlingHeart
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM

como?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM

It's fine if you're not doing long runs. Anything over a 1/2 mile and you're risking carrying her home. Just have water for each of you and if she gets tired then you'll need to carry her or have her walk.

You might have a little cross country runner if you encourage it. In a few years she could be on the track team in middle school.

christina0607
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Whats wrong with running? I don;t get why you would be concerned that you daughter wants to be active. 

Talienas
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Web eating disorder? Guessing a typo lol

But seriously, should be fine. Probably wants to spend time and share a hobby :) Perfectly healthy at any age
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course not. My 7 yo runs at least 2 miles 5 days a week & has been doing that since she was 7. Her legs are awesome. We focus on talking about healthy bodies rather than skinny bodies.
1stpreggers
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Since when does running equal a web eating disorder ? Is she allowed to participate in p.e. ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM
there's been a lot of fat/skinny talk coming home from school lately which is why I worry .. :-/
Lindsay4Ambit
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:30 PM

She probably wants to just be mommy's shaddow. Take her like once a week or so, but dont stress it too much. Make it a fun play time for you two. If she's eating well and not wanting to go just because she feels she need exercise, it seems healthy. Go for it!

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My 5 year old jogs beside me every day.. I only do a 3 mile fast walk (her jog pace) with her..

She loves it, and so do I.  She doesn't associate it with weight loss, she associates it with staying healthy.

Jade_Lufercus
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Why does running=eating disorder in your mind? I ran throughout middle school, it was an excellent way to alleviate stress. And I felt good about myself and my body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN