Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM only please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

do you ever feel lonely?

like no adults ever want to hang out with you. I love my kids and spending all day with them. watching them grow and learn. but some days it just seems like that's all i am. a mom. and the more time i spend just being a mom, the more i'm losing myself. My own family doesn't even want to spend time with me unless I bring the kids. My other mommy friend that i have playdates with works a lot so we dont get to hang out that much. and when we do we're constantly having to manage our 2 yr old boys so we dont get to talk adult except for maybe 10 mins.... my bestie is going through a tough breakup/life change and complains about being lonely, but every time i offer to meet up with her she always says she doesn't want to use up her gas since she's in between jobs... but then she tells me about going here or there and people she hangs out with...

i know i sound so "pity me" and i hate feeling this way... i rarely feel like this. i just want to know that im not the only one who feels this way sometimes.... sob session over :)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I stay at home with my dd (2 &1/2) and sometimes yes i get lonely... Feel like nobody wants to hang out with a mom that is... Just a mom lol if that makes sense... I try to get out 2socialize but it rarely happens... Keep your chin up... The more of a depression you fall into the more likely ppl won't want to be around you.. :( good luck
ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM
You are not the only one. I feel like that sometimes. Especially when DH is having to work a lot of hours. The one friend that I have goes to school and lives about 30 mins away. We talk on the phone daily, but we usually end up going mobths between actual visits.
Is there anyway someone cam watch your kids so you can have some time out of the house? There has been times that I would get really depressed. So DH would keep the kids and let me have a girls day with my friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I wish I could get out of the house more but my 5 mo old is still ebf and wants nothing to do with a bottle :(

Between being prego most of last yr and nursing, I've only gotten to go out for a girls night once back in Jan. when my son would occasionally take a bottle.

Quoting ashleymosq:

You are not the only one. I feel like that sometimes. Especially when DH is having to work a lot of hours. The one friend that I have goes to school and lives about 30 mins away. We talk on the phone daily, but we usually end up going mobths between actual visits.

Is there anyway someone cam watch your kids so you can have some time out of the house? There has been times that I would get really depressed. So DH would keep the kids and let me have a girls day with my friend.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Why don't you get out? Have play dates? Go to the park? Interact with the outside world? Just because you stay home doesn't mean you have to be home all day.

When I was home I was too busy having fun to be lonely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Thank you :) I try to stay positive and most of the time I enjoy being a home body. But some days (like today) it just gets to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I stay at home with my dd (2 &1/2) and sometimes yes i get lonely... Feel like nobody wants to hang out with a mom that is... Just a mom lol if that makes sense... I try to get out 2socialize but it rarely happens... Keep your chin up... The more of a depression you fall into the more likely ppl won't want to be around you.. :( good luck
ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM
It will get easier I promise. I have 3 kids now. My youngest is 3 months. I was breastfeeding, but I dried up already. Same thing happened with my other two. Anyways, as they get older it does get easier to be able to get out more. Maybe get a stroller and go for walks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish I could get out of the house more but my 5 mo old is still ebf and wants nothing to do with a bottle :(

Between being prego most of last yr and nursing, I've only gotten to go out for a girls night once back in Jan. when my son would occasionally take a bottle.

Quoting ashleymosq:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Nope since I have lots of adult interaction.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Well I live in a small town so there isn't really much to do. Plus my youngest is still nursing and will not take a bottle so that kind of limits my options.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Why don't you get out? Have play dates? Go to the park? Interact with the outside world? Just because you stay home doesn't mean you have to be home all day.

When I was home I was too busy having fun to be lonely.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I do! I'm part of a couple of mom & homeschool groups, but I haven't really clicked with any of the other moms. My friends can't relate to me anymore because they all work. It does get lonely sometimes.
Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I do feel lonely at times. But thats because none of my  friends have kids my age so I feel bad dragging mine along when we go out. But thats why when my DH is home on the weekends I get 1 day all to myself. And why we hired a nanny 2 days a week; so I could have some falone time/riend time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)