Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sahm's whose husbands don't help...I have a question.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
For you sahm whose husbands don't help at all. What are you getting out of your marriage. I'm genuinely curious. I meaning the women who have men who go to work, make the money and that's it. No help with the kids, no help around the house, and no time spent with the family.

I've been seeing a lot of posts about men who can't be bothered to help. Or women who have to keep their children out of dad's way.

If this is how your relationship is what exactly are you getting out of being married? Other than the security of the money being brought in.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Bump
caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I don't count I guess, mine helps with our daughter and spends quality time with us. But I do all the cooking and cleaning. He doesn't even know what food we have in the house, and he's there when we do the shopping. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:48 PM
3 moms liked this

nothing, thats why im divorcing him.

Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:48 PM

well, my husband is an over the road trucker so I literally have no  help at home. However, we have a great level of communication, and a good roof over our heads, food in our stomachs, and three happy well adjusted kids. There is zero reason for me to be single just because I never see him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Well he's the one paying the bills so that I can stay home with my children. My DH goes through phases where he doesn't help. But I'm understanding of it because he works long hours and has a hard and tiring job. I don't go to work with him and help him out; so why should I expect him to always help me out. BEing a SAHM is a job I'm proud to have. If I needed help I would have hired a nanny.

That being said; my DH does spend time with the family; he just doesn't help out around the house; or feeding and diapering the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I k.w.y.m. my dh doesn't help much. Some, but not much. He seems to think he MORE than pulls his own weight by bringing home the bacon. It's frustrating. Sometimes I am tempted to divorce him just so he can deal with the baby himself every other week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm getting a roommate and a disgusting pig that thinks he deserves sex
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Well that's something. At least he spends time as a family and is involved with your daughter.

Quoting caito:

I don't count I guess, mine helps with our daughter and spends quality time with us. But I do all the cooking and cleaning. He doesn't even know what food we have in the house, and he's there when we do the shopping. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I have the house cleaned, the laundry done and the kids taken care of. He gets home showers, and then we eat dinner as a family and have about 2 hours to spend with the kids before bed. He does great with the girls. I don't ever ask him to do anything around the house because he works his ass off all day and I am here all day so I just get it done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)