Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much do your kids eat?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
My kids eat at least 5-6 times a day. Little monsters. I don't know if I'll be able to afford the teenage years. Once my oldest gets home and finishes her snack we're headed to the park. Then home to cook dinner. The thing is I know they'll be hungry when we get home and bugging me while I'm cooking. It never ends. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffielou_who
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Mine are 7 and almost 9 and they never stop.. I swear, they are going to eat the house down...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I make fried chicken maybe once every couple of years. I've made them all leave the table while and stop talking while I cook more. They're eating it faster than I can cook it. It's terrible. We just went through a 5lb bag of potatoes a lb of green beans and about 2-3lbs of chicken. I have 2 extra kids here so that's 5 kids. But still a lot of food!

Quoting steffielou_who:

Mine are 7 and almost 9 and they never stop.. I swear, they are going to eat the house down...

steffielou_who
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I know how you feel! My almost 9 year old is 91 pounds and I cannot get him to stop eating! Maybe he will hit a growth spurt soon, idk but something's gotta give!

Quoting Anonymous:

I make fried chicken maybe once every couple of years. I've made them all leave the table while and stop talking while I cook more. They're eating it faster than I can cook it. It's terrible. We just went through a 5lb bag of potatoes a lb of green beans and about 2-3lbs of chicken. I have 2 extra kids here so that's 5 kids. But still a lot of food!

Quoting steffielou_who:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentonGirl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM
My son normally eats all day long. He's 2. Through out the day he snacks on fresh fruit. That gets expensive. My sd also eats all the time when she is here and she loves fresh fruit. But my son goes through phases where he will it once a day. Some times it lasts for a day sometimes a week but he always makes up for it. And he drinks water like its sugar. He gets mad if I won't refill his cup as soon as he finishes it.
KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:21 PM

My youngest acts like she's starving, if my oldest drops ANYTHING on the floor the baby takes off like lightening to get it lol. And she's drinking about 30oz of formula plus 2 snacks and 3 feedings a day.

Oldest eats really small portions though but more often. And then some days she doesn't eat anything after lunch time.

NorthStar09
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:22 PM

My DD is almost 10 and never stops. She's like a bottomless pit.

She's super athletic and she's active all day, she's constantly hungry for a reason, but it astounds me how much she can eat. The other night she ate, not kidding, half a baked chicken. By herself. And was hungry 2 hours later. She hadn't eaten much all day but I don't know where she can even put half a chicken.

MaskedMomma
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:22 PM

well that's your problem right there. Never serve food until your done cooking. Also no one dishes their plate or starts eating until everyone is sitting.(momma to 4 sometimes 5 here).btw fried chicken night here is 2 pounds (appx 20 legs), 10-12 potatoes mashed, 3 cans of corn or so, sometimes some mac'n'cheese too. and strawberry shortcake for dessert usually (about 2 or 3 cups strawberrys). I set up an ironing board in the kitchen right behind me for extra "counter" space when cooking something like fried chicken. I also cook it in the roaster for an hour then bread & fry it 3 pieces at a time so it only takes a couple min to "cook" in the fryer. we usully have enough chicken left for SOs midnight snack & his lunch next day...might have sides...idk everyone eats a ton all the time but expeshally fried chicken night!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting steffielou_who:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Yeah my 2 yr old went and sat at the picnic table at the park and said, "let's eat". I knew it was time to go. Then the girls came runnin up sayig "I'm hungry". It had only been 1 1/2 hrs since their snack. And it wasn't a small snack. Lol. I don't see how families spend so little on groceries. My kids eat way too much. And they're all skinny. In fact my dd is so skinny she worries me.

Quoting TrentonGirl:

My son normally eats all day long. He's 2. Through out the day he snacks on fresh fruit. That gets expensive. My sd also eats all the time when she is here and she loves fresh fruit. But my son goes through phases where he will it once a day. Some times it lasts for a day sometimes a week but he always makes up for it. And he drinks water like its sugar. He gets mad if I won't refill his cup as soon as he finishes it.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack.

If they are extra active they may snack a little more. Depends on the day. They need all the GOOD calories they can get, they are growing so fast they need all the extra energy.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine seem to eat constantly. All 4 are very active and hungry all the time. Middle DD is the worst. She is super tiny for 11 4'5" and 61lbs, but she eats like a man! Her pedi says she has a very high metabolism and just to let her eat or she could end up losing weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN