Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sergeant Calhoun Wreck it Ralph Cosplay/Costume UPDATE

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this

hey everyone, I am just starting out on my adventures into cosplay/making costumes. I have chosen to make sergeant calhouns armour from wreck it ralph. she looks like this:

So I am really excited to be making this. It will be the first time I am making armour, but I am hoping it will be going good! 

If there are any other cosplayers please feel free to pm me, maybe we can share ideas, techniques, etc..!

I have some of my stuff that i bought, heat gun, builders paper for pattern/template making, small bodyform/mannequin, EVA foam, dremel, hot glue gun and thats about it.

I will be updating this post with pictures as I go along, but this is what I have so far!

UPDATE:

SO it has been slow going as I am learning this as I go along. I have finally finished the front and back patterns after a LOT of mistakes the first time around lol. I have also attempted to make a duct tape mannequin of myself so I can better measure my arm and leg armour. Here are the new additions to my tedious work :)

this was my first pattern and it took me literally hours to get this down. I learned so much making this dang thing, and believe me when I learned how to make a pattern easier i almost did a face palm lol.

this was the second pattern I made and I did it SO much faster and easier than the first one having learned from my mistakes. this is the back piece to sergeant calhoun.

after about 2 hours of having df wrap me in duct tape and having my arms almost go numb, this was the finished product. please excuse the 'ahem' spare tire around there somewhere lol, but i was ready to get it off.

this is the finished product (minus some more padding i need to add to the front), and will be my mannequin that i can measure for the arm and leg pieces.

Will continue to update, and thanks for reading!

-p-
“Of one hundred men, one will read the Bible; the ninety-nine will read the Christian.”
-Dwight Lyman Moody
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnieMcD
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I desperately want a TARDIS costume.
RoseBlossom
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:49 PM

hahah me too! i spent like an hour looking at all the different ways ppl make tardis costumes and i loved this one the best! i would add like a lantern hat on it though

Quoting AnnieMcD:

-p-
“Of one hundred men, one will read the Bible; the ninety-nine will read the Christian.”
-Dwight Lyman Moody
colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM
cool!!
RoseBlossom
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:51 PM

thank you! i hope it comes out like i see it in my head!!

Quoting colins_mom:

cool!!

-p-
-Dwight Lyman Moody
RoseBlossom
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:51 PM

BUMP!

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM
am no.good at making cosplay costumes, my friend Toby on the other hand AMAZING! I will post some.pics when I get home. she went as seforoth from advent children a few years back

Quoting RoseBlossom:

thank you! i hope it comes out like i see it in my head!!

Quoting colins_mom:

cool!!

-42-
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I want those Dr. Who tights!
avulgamo
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I just asked Dh if he would want to climb inside the Tardis if i wore this. He said yes lol

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Fushithedruid
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:59 PM

i could never have the patience to make my own costume. which con are you going to this year? my family and i are going to Fanime in San Jose next month, it'll be my second convention and 2yr cosplaying. last year when we went to AXLA, i went as a mishmashed sailor Venus (eternal, Live action, and normal. sucks not being able to wear heals.) this year, going as eternal Venus (with the right costume) and Fiona from the gender bender episodes from Adventure time. GL lol. can't wait to see your TARDIS costume, i want to do that eventually, love Doctor Who. :)

RoseBlossom
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM

hahah! nice!

Quoting avulgamo:

I just asked Dh if he would want to climb inside the Tardis if i wore this. He said yes lol

Quoting AnnieMcD:

-p-
-Dwight Lyman Moody
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN