Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really?! you couldnt wait?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

seriously my oldest brother is insensative.....our grand mother just died literally yesterday, she helped raise all of us....more so my oldest brother then the rest of us. my brother and his fiance were in her room right before she died as i was walking in i saw her smiling for the first time in a long time, i thought my brother had just told her a joke or something, so i just let it go, but today at the "service" (we had family visiting from other countries so we did a service,the real one where we scatter her ashes is in a couple weeks) my oldest brother got up in front of everyone and said "just to lighten the mood,me and Liz are expecting again" no one clapped,no one got excited....our mom called him a god damn idiot and everyone pretty much left....smh after everyone left my brother told our mom "i thought everyone would get happy.....i just got embarressed and didnt finish what our news was...." our mom says "youre still a damn idiot" my brother says "well whatever, i guess you dont want to know that the baby is a girl and we're naming her after grandma" and he just leaves. why the hell couldnt he have waited? i dont even know

eta:our grandmas name was Euna(Yuna) btw

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like he was trying to be sweet, men have no idea what the fuck they're saying half the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like he was trying to be sweet, men have no idea what the fuck they're saying half the time.

still!!! he was the one who got hit the hardest, you would think he wouldnt want to even talk to anyone today but noooooo he made the whole thing out like it was a joke

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM

This.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

bump

MyStarLight
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM
That sounded sweet
Everyone should jave waited
Its nice that the bb girl is going to be named after the grandmother
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Quoting MyStarLight:

That sounded sweet
Everyone should jave waited
Its nice that the bb girl is going to be named after the grandmother

he could have atleast waited to tell everyone....not the day after our grandma died

HappySquirrel
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
He could have prefaced it by saying he'd gotten grandma to smile the night before by telling her they were naming their next child after her.
I think it's a good effort from him. Maybe could have saved it for the afterward during social time.
karla85
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Most men are idiotic and insensitive like that.
I'm sorry about your loss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM
10 moms liked this

I'm sorry for your loss, but I think that his honoring her memory by naming his child after her is sweet.  Regardless, life cointinues, and who knows, maybe the smile you saw on her face was because he told her that he and his fiance were expecting before she passed.  His delivery was off, but his heart was in the right place.  Cut him some slack, he is hurting too, just because he is not breaking apart, screaming and crying, doesn't mean he isn't hurting as well.  I hope your hearts are able to heal and find comfort right now.

MamaHens3
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Sorry for your loss hun, and men are crazy like that. They have bad timing, not sure when things are ok at times. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN