Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I've been a stay at home mom for 10 months.
I'm 37weeks pregnant with DD3.
I absolutely do not see how you guys do it your entire life.
I look up to those who have.
I love my children, but I prefer to work.
I'm not sure that this is something I have a choice over anymore, with number 3 almost here.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I just prefer being home. Both my kids are in school and Im able to be at the school several times a week, take them to their sports and Im much less stressed than I was when I did work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I really enjoy my time with them too. I just go nuts sometimes. Mine are both in school too, but it seems as though when their home their either extremely onery or just never seem satisfied.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just prefer being home. Both my kids are in school and Im able to be at the school several times a week, take them to their sports and Im much less stressed than I was when I did work.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I've worked, I just love it this way. Everyone's different :)

It gets easier when they get bigger.

ElleAimeleVie
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM

It certainly isn't for everyone, and that's ok.
I have always been a homebody, so I enjoy staying at home, but I can understand why some wouldn't. 

jojo_star
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I've never been a stay at home mom, at least not just a stay at home mom. I was in school, then school and working, and now just working, but I can't imagine ever being happy just being at home. I love working too much to quit, and I just would not be happy just being at home 24/7.

ICUTROLLIN
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I can't wait to get back to work, I worked for 10 years up until 3 years ago, and I miss it. Only 3 more years to go :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ehsscarlet
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I have been a sahm for a year now and there are days I miss working. I remind myself that I get the privilege of knowing my kids in ways that my DH doesn't. With a special needs child there was really no other option.
KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM

You can always hire a nanny or put the kids in daycare if going back to work is that important to you.

Being a sahm is tiring, but rewarding at the same time. You're there for all the firsts, but you're also there for every tantrum and melt down. Its a fine line of being too much, and more than worth it in my opinion. 

Cdaly12491
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I'd rather work, too. I was a SAHM for 2 1/2 years and it's just not for me. I like being out in the world, meeting people and making my own money. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I worked all through my dd's childhood. When she was 15 I had my son and with him came the opportunity to stay home. It was a dream come true, and 7 years later I still love it. It's not for everyone though, and that's ok :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN