Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMFG! Is my kitty pregnant???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
Okay so 4 weeks ago we get a kitty. She isn't fixed. We obviously planned on fixing her we just were so busy. It wasn't a huge issue as she is stritctly indoors and we have no other pets. The 2nd week she started calling and was in heat. So again, not a huge issue since she's indoor.

But I woke one night and heard what sounded like a cat fight. I spend about 3 minutes trying to wake dh. He wouldnt wake up so I ran to the kitchen and turn the lights on. The WINDOW screen is ripped open and the stray cat is in the corner. I know this cat because I have seen him around since last year. During the winter we let him inside and kept him warm. That is until we found out that he does indeed have an owner (seriously had NO idea as this cat came everyday for food and water and was out ALL day long. We found out when he wanted out one day and showed up a week later with a collar. So obviously he had an owner right. The screen itself had a small hole. I didn't know dh left it all the way open.

So anyways, I see him, I put him outside and then I notice the blood. Just small drops. I look at my hands and nothing on them. So I ho hack outside (thinking he cut himself on the screen, I wanted to at least clean him before he left.) But nothing was on him.

So I grab my kitty. She has nothing on her either... Idk where it came from but neither cat has blood on them.

Fast forward, 2 weeks later and I cone home, my mom comes home and she picks up my kitty. I tell her what happened and that last week I booked an appointment for her to be fixed. Its tmr at 2.

So my moms playing with her and she goes 'oh dear. .' Gives me a shocked look and says 'I think she's pregnant.'

I go 'what no? Its only been 2 weeks. '

She says ' yea but cat pregnancy is only 72 days. She isn't fat, she's still slim but her stomach is hard.'

So... Could she be pregnant? Should I do the spaying still? Can you actually tell this early??,
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Your cat is probably pregnant, and yes you can still get her spayed it will just be a bit more expensive due to the "abortion"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Sorry for errors. And I meant my mom came to my home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
An abortion :-( aww that's sad.

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Your cat is probably pregnant, and yes you can still get her spayed it will just be a bit more expensive due to the "abortion"

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Its very possible, cats do have really short pregnancies. They can still fix her, if you're ok with 'aborting' the babies. It will likely be more expensive.

wodntulk2kno1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:36 PM
It only takes one time. Even though cats can have a litter from multiple cats. If she was in heat that's what she wanted and found away outside. I would be taking a trip to the vet and confirm it. Just so you are not surprised in a couple of months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbix82
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:37 PM
2 moms liked this
That little whore... cats are whores lol
EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

get her fixed after the kittens. 

minimo77
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM

You can take her to the vet and they can make sure if she is or not, if she is you can take her home, let her have them, and then when the babies go to their new homes, get her fixed. Just make sure you find good forever homes for the kittens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Yeah if the deed was done you should assume she is pregnant. Like others have said you can get her fixed but they will be terminating the pregnancy.

Where I live 64 kittens were dropped off in a 24 he span and they are still so young they have tobe bottles fed. They are looking for fosters but those who don't get one will automatically be put down.

75% of cats that go into shelters do not come back out.
KittenKrump
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM

YES FIX HER! No matter if she is pregnant or not. I was given this advise when I was worrying over fixing my kitties (I was worried about the surgery being too much, not even pregnancy): Go to the nearest shelter to you home and count out about 4-6 kittens. That's how many living, breathing kittens are going to die because you didn't have the heart to fix her.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)