Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What did you take with you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm getting my hospital bag together for the delivery. I've been told all sorts of things to bring, not to bring, etc. So, what did you take to the hospital? What was worthless? What was the best thing you brought?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Best thing I brought was a comfortable shirt so I didnt have to walk around with the hospital gown on the entire time.

The most worthless thing I brought was a bunch of different outfits for the baby. 

Also bring a camera and batteries and a video recorder! Good luck on your delivery.

Mama_Brit
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Comfy clothes, toothbrush, diapers, babies first outfit, slippers, ect..
CB3arr
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I brought all sorts of stuff-clothes, toiletries, yoga ball, etc.  The only stuff I used was my ipod/ihome and the toiletries.  I found the hospital gown easiest to wear.  I delievered dd shortly after we arrived at the hospital and we were discharged after 24 hours...  so we didn't really need anything else.

Omd12
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Comfie sweats and tees so you don't have to wear hospital gown with butt open!'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Nursing pads, underwear pads, comfy maternity underwear with a belly band, comfy yoga pants/shirts, a sweater, toothbrush & toothpaste, shampoo & conditioner, makeup, my tablet, a couple books and magazines, clothes & diapers for baby, camera & spare memory card of course, cash/change (snacks & cafeteria)...can't think of anything else I took

Crafty8852
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM

comfy clothes, deoderant, hairbrush and hair ties, toothbrush, slippers...etc. Don't forget the baby's first outfit and your coming home outfit :) Hubby brought me a stack of magazines our first day in the hospital because I was bored with tv lol.

Christywf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM

HAIRDRYER.

Your own lotions and shampoo/conditioner.  Make up (i did this since I had pics taken of me with baby)

House shoes

Clothes to take baby home in

Mudfishzgirl
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I didn't bring much. Really comfortable clothes and my favorite blanket. I forgot cameras so double check that you bring those.
ajdahd13
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Going home clothes, my own jammies, panties, nursing bra, boppy, baby jammies, and an outfit to go home in for baby, And of course, toothbrush and hairbrush.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I took stuff and used nothing except for the toothbrush and toothpaste. I didn't want to wear my underwear b/c the hospital undies were much more comfy after my emergency c-section. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN