Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IF YOU SAW THIS WOULD YOU DIAL "911"

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM
  • 37 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you do the same call "911" if you saw this?

Options:

Agree with calling "911"

Dissagree you wouldn't call "911"

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 103

View Results

While taking my 4yr daughter to soocer along with my 3 month old who are in the carseats buckeled up properly. A lady driving in front of min for a good 15min along with her son who appeared to me to between 5-7yrs was hanging half way out the car window on a 4 lane highway. I had a friends son with me who is 12 and buckled in the front seat agree with me that it was extremely dangerous that this little boy was hanging out the window an appeared to not even be wearing a seat belt. The 911 operator informed me that she would put an immediate look out for the car. An thanked me for calling it in heaven forbid that woman got into an accident an something happened to her son.

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I've called at work in the Starbucks drive thru. People come in holding infants on their lap. I've seen a 1-2 year old in the front seat with only a seat belt.
hip2it
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I've called before when a toddler that couldn't be a year and a half was bouncing around the backseat unrestrained. Speed limit was 75, we were going 75. Watched the state trooper catch up and pull her over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM
While it isn't the smartest thing to allow, I don't consider such a true emergency worthy of a 911 call.
FebruaryAndJune
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

For those diagreeing with calling 911 why wouldn't you....?

You could save that child if heaven forbid that mom an her son were in a finderbinder or a serious accident.

Would you consider calling the local non-emergancy number to inform the police of this....?

amberlyp
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I agree

Quoting Anonymous:

While it isn't the smartest thing to allow, I don't consider such a true emergency worthy of a 911 call.
mamakat070812
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't know about dail, but I would dial 911...

Lmbo ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaTrombley
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Your going to get bashed for the spelling.....And having a 12 year old in the front seat......But yes i would have called 911.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM
4 moms liked this

It's called "natural selection." No, I wouldn't have called.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM
2 moms liked this
*You're* going to be bashed for grammar! lol

Quoting MamaTrombley:

Your going to get bashed for the spelling.....And having a 12 year old in the front seat......But yes i would have called 911.

mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Something similar happen in front of me the other day.

I was driving home and this convertible pulled in front of me with this kid that looked about 5-6 turning all the way around in her seat making faces at me. I don't mean just turning her head, I mean it looked like she was turning all the way around on her knees. The only thing that kept me from calling is that by the time I got my phone out of my pocket they had turn the other day and pregnancy brain is keeping me from remembering numbers easily.

I do hope someone called on them though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN