Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So Angry Im Crying UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

Im one of those types of people who when they get extreme mad they break down into tears and right now thats what Im doing. All this is over my daughter who will be 8 in June and the bitch who is my ex husband's gf. In our court orders I am to have uninterrupted phone time (since she is in CT and I am in TX) every night at 7pm EST and no one is allowed (on either side) to record or have anyone listen in. This gf breaks that every night and tells my daughter what to say and lately it was not to talk to me and made up excuses as to why. Tonight really put me over the edge when she tried again to make up an excuse and I told her no she is to talk to me since its my only way at the moment to bond with her, thats when the gf took the phone. The gf told me since they are not receiving child support that I wont be speaking to my daughter anymore. I told her put my child on the phone and she flat out said no Im her mother now you are only an egg donor and that they put in papers to have my rights removed. Now before you ladies jump on me about paying cs Ive been working with my doctors and the support enforcement agency to work it out the current order and any arrears. Ive been unable to work due to a medical condition and my only income right now is my VA benefits which are $420 a month which goes to my car payment, my husband does work but all that money goes to our rent, bills, and food. Now this bitch has no right what so ever to control the contact between my child and I. I dont think they can take my rights away just because I am unable to work at this time and havent been able to see her as much due to money and my medical problems right?? They cant claim abandonment as the reason to remove rights because I talk with her on the phone and send out school supplies, clothes, and presents (I have receipts and pictures to prove those).  I just want to strangle this woman!! She has been causing problems for over a year now and my exhusband doesnt believe that she is doing anything wrong. I dont have a lawyer or even have the money for one plus I cant travel a million times to CT for court dates. As it is I can barely even leave my own home without either passing out or shitting all over myself. I just want my child back the way she was before this woman. Oh and I want to add I never lost custody of her, my ex just has primary physical custody and we have joint legal custody. The divorce happened while I was still active duty and the judge found it best she lives with my ex. Yes I am out now and believe me I am trying to change the custody order but again money is tight.

UPDATE

Well I talked to my exhusband this morning and I got to talk to my daughter as soon as she got home from school (she is home by 3 EST). Things went better because he was there during the call. My daughter seemed happier today and we talked almost 30 mins. I asked if she liked the calls after school instead of at night and she said yes. I hope that maybe with the change of timing it will help the calls better. 

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Replies (141-150):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM
You were deployed when your husband claimed abandonment, yes?
I'd like to see this bitches tell a man who was deployed that he abandoned his children.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM

It's not that you can't have a car, it's that you have a HUGE payment for it.     You could have bought something way cheaper.

If you cannot afford child support, then you should be living on Ramen noodles and water yourself... so that you can send the 75 cents you spend on a coke to your kid instead.   Or put that money into moving to CT to be near her.

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Child support, if court ordered, is a matter withthe stte, whereas custody is a civil matter.

This is why eople that owe thousands still have visitation. Dont worry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
You're doing your best, keep trying hugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM

GO BACK & READ... SHE'S PAYING WHAT SHE CAN....SHIT

Quoting reynab27:

As a mother of four who has been in bad situations to where i couldn't work, was homeless etc....if you find a way to eat your child should eat, if you have a place to stay so should your child. Your pretty much saying well my cars more important than my daughter...pay up and stop making excuses no wonder ex hubbys new girl is mad

ACDC_fan
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be selling my blood or plasma every week, if that's what it took. CS is clearly the main issue behind his gf's actions, and I would do all I could to pay at least some of it.
I just find it funny how my father managed to raise 2 children on his own, financially provide for us and did everything he could to make sure our needs were met. He never let us down even when there was absolutely NO money. He managed to always find a way without fail.

I see no reason why you cannot do the same. sorry. and before you flip out, let me say my father is disabled, as well. so there goes that theory. 

raczac
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM
My mpther had crohns when i was little. They tried every type of meds that they had at the time. She ended up having to have surgery for hers. Then tbis year my male cousin had tried every medicine that they could and he also jad to have surgery for hos to heal. I was seven when my mother had her surgery. If you would like i will ser if she will let me give you her email address so you can talk to another mother who has gone thru what you are going thru. I wish you the best of luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Quoting KrissyKC:

It's not that you can't have a car, it's that you have a HUGE payment for it.     You could have bought something way cheaper.

If you cannot afford child support, then you should be living on Ramen noodles and water yourself... so that you can send the 75 cents you spend on a coke to your kid instead.   Or put that money into moving to CT to be near her.

Maybe she could afford that while she was in, and can't now...Shit happens we could afford our car when my DH was in the military, but as soon as he got out we barely scraped by paying our 320 payment for the car we had. And there was no point in selling it because we only had like 15 payments left, thats flushing money down the toilet in my eyes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:47 AM
2 moms liked this
So you had two more kids even though you can't support your first and live miles away from her . Nice
Quoting SilverOcean84:

The car is the only one my husband I have. We have 2 children under 2  so there is no way I can go without a car

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

You don't have custody of your child and you feel that a car is more important than supporting her. I can't feel sorry for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SilverOcean84
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM

My payments are $310 a month the rest of the money goes for insurance and gas. As for the comment for eating ramen noodles I cant do that since I have been put on a gluten-free diet and must follow it unless I want to be back in the hospital for a bad flare up. My oldest doesnt go without food or anything so why must I eat something that is harmful to me and not enough nutrition for my 20 month old daughter?

Quoting KrissyKC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)