Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

THE MILITARY SUCKS!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies

I find stories like this disgusting & sad (oh & the title is just an attention grabber).

Then to hear people say things like "they chose the life" is just as disgusting. 

Our soldiers should be properly taken care of, this should not be happening to them.  THIS is not the life they chose!

Awareness needs to be spread, the military & the government needs to hear!

Pic of the house inside the link.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=9079757

The spouse of a Fort Bragg soldier is taking her battle with the Army public after she says they abandoned them in their time in need.

Crystal Reilly, a mother of two, says she took her concerns about her husband's post traumatic stress disorder to the Army, and was virtually ignored.

So Thursday, she did something that couldn't be ignored. Almost anything you could imagine was for sale at Reilly's home in the 1600 block of Lakeway Drive in Fayetteville.

If you a double take, you realize the house and its owner are crying out.

A sign on the home reads, "The Reilly family is done with the guinea pig Army system. Get us real help."

Reilly has been married to the Army for 15 years, but it became apparent in 2009 that her husband, Sgt. Charles Reilly, was starting to change.

"The rage, the anger, the adrenaline surges he would have," said Reilly.

The fast moving, debilitating disease is called PTSD.

During Reilly's sixth war deployment came the official diagnosis and suggestion for clinical help.

"He was supposed to be sent home from down range, which is Afghanistan, to here and be put in a hospital immediately," said Reilly. "They didn't do that."

Instead their home became the hospital.

"For four months I was on suicide watch with him," said Reilly.

The rage, she says took over resulting in three back to back demotions and pay cuts. Reilly is now counting on the yard sale to survive.

"To be able to keep my lights on and my water running and food on my table," said Reilly.

With demotion pay.

"Our paycheck is $349 for May 1," she said.

But her diary of frustration she wants the world to see.

"Due to the military's PTSD/TBI plan, all my belongings must be sold to pay bills," said Reilly. "If the military doesn't do what they need to do for these guys, we have an epidemic on our hands," said Reilly.

Reilly says she and her husband have separated in the past few weeks because of the ordeal.

ABC11 reached out to Sgt. Reilly and Fort Bragg command, but they have not responded yet.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Sickning this soldier wasn't given the help he needs. SHAME on all of us !

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Smh
BEXi
by BEXi on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Our veterans deserve so much better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:21 PM
2 moms liked this

The military takes PTSD seriously. It wasn't always like that, but it is now. There seems to be a lot missing from this story. I'm wondering if he refused services. Even if the spouse is begging for it, you can't force treatment on someone who doesn't want to be treated. And what did he do to be demoted twice? For an E7 to get demoted, it practically takes an act of congress.....well, not really, but you know what I mean. He had to have done something serious.

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:21 PM
So fucked up that they demoted him for a symptom of something they should be helping him with.
susan115
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I wish there was something I could do.  I wish you and your family the best and you are in my prayers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM

As I said in my above comment, he had to have done something serious to be demoted twice. Having PTSD doesn't give you a free pass to do whatever you want without consequences.

Quoting MamaJess9:

So fucked up that they demoted him for a symptom of something they should be helping him with.

FL2AK
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM
There is more to this story that she is not sharing.
1likeme
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM
It is very sad but not shocking. The military is a people eating machine. It uses people up then spits them out.
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM
He probably did, but if they were getting him proper help for the PTSD, it may not have happened at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

As I said in my above comment, he had to have done something serious to be demoted twice. Having PTSD doesn't give you a free pass to do whatever you want without consequences.

Quoting MamaJess9:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)