Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My awful confession. Prepared to be bashed and ripped to shreds...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies

My husband and I have been together 13 years, married for 5. We have two small children together. Our relationship is not a good one. We love each other. I truly believe that. But I think that's about as far as it goes. I used to try and try, and beg for him to try just as hard, but we just can't seem to get on the same page. I'm not really a believer in divorce. I believe in taking my vows seriously and fighting to stay together. Some things happened that changed our relationship and changed my levels of respect and trust for him, but I fought through it and we remained together. I feel like maybe I never really got over it though and maybe it is an underlying issue for me. I work with a man that is a good friend of mine. We work closely together, five days a week, and I feel like I have really fallen for him. Like I love him, fallen for him. I have done inappropriate things with him, I won't lie about that. But I feel awful about it and I am trying my best to get over it and focus on my marriage. I try and I pray to just forget about this other man and feel that way for my husband all over again, but I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. My feelings for this other man have been feelings for almost two years. HOW do I get over it and fix my marriage? I'm desperate for advice, and I know what I've done is wrong. I'm hoping maybe someone can say something that will just "click" for me and help me. Bash me if you must, but it's worth it if I get at least one helpful reply.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MalakbelLacuna
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM
14 moms liked this
whos dick is bigger?
thats the only way to decide this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Divorce exists for a reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TerraIncognita
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Can you find another job? Maybe you need to distance yourself from this man.
ksueditz
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

you have to finish the relationship w/ your dh before you can start a relationship w/ this other man. 

mysticgrl
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quit ur job would be a goood start

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I have been applying for other jobs with no luck so far. I'm still applying whenever an opportunity arises. I think that may be helpful as well, but I haven't been very lucky so far.

Quoting TerraIncognita:

Can you find another job? Maybe you need to distance yourself from this man.

Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I think you should tell your husband how you feel and what's been going on and let him decide whether or not he wants to stay with you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM
6 moms liked this

bottom line is you probably are falling for what the other man is giving you attention,  listening to you,  making you feel sexy, flirting,  excitment, whatever it is that yoru not getting from dh  this guy is probably  providing it &  you love THAT.

but you cant  have them both.. so you need to find it w/ in your marriage.

go to counseling. speak to dh tell him where you're  happy & where you're not & ask him  for  the same & work on it!!! do NOT go outside the marriage NOTHING outside the marriage can fix your marriage. it will only  pull you away form him.  plus, make you hate yourself too for it.

GL

LovelyMommy24
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Is there a way you can not work with this man anymore? If not, you're going to need to tell yourself it's over and get your self control back. Other than that, there's not much anyone else can do or say to you. It's all up to you at the end of the day. I hope it all works out for you. 

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Look at what you and your dh had. What attracted you to him ? what makes him a good man ? Husband ? father ? Focus on that Work with him to renew the feelings and love you once had. You both  either need to get on the same page or get out. Its not fair for your kids to stay just for them.I don't think you really did fight through the things you think you did OR you wouldn't be messing around with another guy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)